Headlight vibrating

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Badrulabubakar

Club Guest
Dear all,I would like to know if others have the same phenomen regarding the headlight. My E90 headlight will vibrate when i drive thru uneven road because I can see at night the light will go up and down when the car vibrate. Is it normal? And do you guys have problem with the aircon? My aircon will smell like somebody who didn't take a shower for a weeks when it started. I've complaint to AB but still the same. I'm sorry if this problem has been highlight on older post but I can't find it using the advanced search.

Badrulabubakar;762046 said:
Dear all,
I would like to know if others have the same phenomen regarding the headlight. My E90 headlight will vibrate when i drive thru uneven road because I can see at night the light will go up and down when the car vibrate. Is it normal? And do you guys have problem with the aircon? My aircon will smell like somebody who didn't take a shower for a weeks when it started. I've complaint to AB but still the same. I'm sorry if this problem has been highlight on older post but I can't find it using the advanced search.

I don't have the problem with the air-con, but the issue with headlight has to do with the headlight bracket. The ones used here is too thin (weak), hence the vibration. Globally, this is a known defect, so just do what I did, tell the service advisor about the problem and get it replaced under warranty. They will ship the revised brackets from Germany, so you will need to wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive. They will need to remove the front bumper to replace the headlight brackets.

oh that is is the defects? i thought it is like that in nature. then i think i need to complain for defects on my next service then. Thanks joonsuan

magpie;762109 said:
oh that is is the defects? i thought it is like that in nature. then i think i need to complain for defects on my next service then. Thanks joonsuan

At first I thought it was just due to the auto-leveling feature of the headlight, but told the service advisor anyway. He told me that there was a recall for the brackets...but somehow locally, I suppose they address the issue only if owners complain about it?

joonsuan;762120 said:
At first I thought it was just due to the auto-leveling feature of the headlight, but told the service advisor anyway. He told me that there was a recall for the brackets...but somehow locally, I suppose they address the issue only if owners complain about it?

but if we don't get that replace what will happen next time? just the vibrate on rough road or something more serious?

i had the same problem with my right head light...vibrating and not even with the left head light...told the SA during my 1st service and i left to work. when i got back at 5 to collect the car, the SA told me everything is fixed...but after i drove back home..it was bout 7.30pm already and then onlh i realised that they hv just adjusted the headlights but the vibration on the right headlight still remains.

can notice it when i park the car closer to the wall with the lights on...now i have to bring back to service centre again..arghh!!!. dnt know why the SA have to say it is fixed when actually it is not. are they taught to memorise and say "yes sir, everything is fixed" by the management?

Dear all,
I would like to know if others have the same phenomen regarding the headlight. My E90 headlight will vibrate when i drive thru uneven road because I can see at night the light will go up and down when the car vibrate. Is it normal? And do you guys have problem with the aircon? My aircon will smell like somebody who didn't take a shower for a weeks when it started. I've complaint to AB but still the same. I'm sorry if this problem has been highlight on older post but I can't find it using the advanced search.

Just to share, on the aircond smell (upon startup), AB Tun Razak can fix that with 3 step procedure... I got mine done after the 2nd step!

Dear all,

Just to share, on the aircond smell (upon startup), AB Tun Razak can fix that with 3 step procedure... I got mine done after the 2nd step! :eek:

Jcjames. - what are the 3 steps on the aircond..., would like to know for my knowledge.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll sent my car after Hari Raya to get it done and maybe fix the headlight as well. I also like to know the 3 steps for the aircon.

Top Bottom