Headlight Polishing Service

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Replay

Club Guest
I came across this flyer for services that polishes headlight covers to restore the condition. The company is called Nanotech...has anyone used them before or heard of them? (www.nanotech2u.com)My headlights are looking aged and dull...haiz....need to put some light back into them.

I've seen before and after pictures although not from the website you mentioned. Considering to get them done as well on my headlights but aren't too sure myself how effective it is. Can someone who've done this please share your experience?

cheers!

Have read about this late last year and if I recall rightly their nano-treatment is only for plastic/acrylic headlite covers and not glass. For glass just go to your local bodyshop/refinisher as they'll use a compound to cut/polish the surface of the lense covers. thats my 50sen worth of rub ash.

i used them on my e280 w210 post facelift as the lense cant be interchanged as in the prefacelift...

cost me rm200 bucks.... dirt cheap, 85% like new - lasted almost 2 years before it turn back glazed...

better than buying another set for rm1500 which will infact last about a year plus only with our malaysian weather being unpredictable..

ps : i didnt use nanotech, but some guy who has a mobile unit, and he will get it done for u almost anywhere in klang valley. very nice chap.

just need to call and setup appointment....his number oso very very easy to remember...kakaka

anybody who wants his number can pm me..(no interest just helping out)

Try using alloy rim cleaner. Its some sort of strong degreaser. The moment u spray them on, u will see shity dirt following down your headlights. Then your headlights will form haze and looks more horrible than before. Not to worry, now use Soft99 to polish it a little. Voila! I did it to my Perdana.. glad with the result!

Alternatively Meguiar also has a product called PlastiX for RM42 per bottle. Can use it on your handphone screen too.. :D

P_62_G12310_PLASTX.gif

I just called Allen of Nanotech. He quoted RM279 for E39. External polishing only. Inside/outside gonna cost RM500. Damn pricey. I can polish the whole car for that kind of price.

If it's really work, RM500 still cheaper that a new lamp which cost RM2400..

bmw7833;316902 said:
If it's really work, RM500 still cheaper that a new lamp which cost RM2400..

My mechanic charged me for RM160 for the same job. He opened up the rubber seal and polished the inside as well, and lasted for 2 years. Then he resealed the lamp again. Nicely done. That's why I dare to say Nanotech is expensive.

Normal polish is different with nano-technology i think..My fren done his polish job same like urs with rm110 only in JB.

For the E36, a new pair of glass coverlens will cost about RM400, add RM100 for labour and sealant......BANG! Like new for only RM500! What is all this nananonook?

SarJeePekAi;317042 said:
For the E36, a new pair of glass coverlens will cost about RM400, add RM100 for labour and sealant......BANG! Like new for only RM500! What is all this nananonook?

Damn good point!:top:

SarJeePekAi;317042 said:

i think SG can get better price!!!

SarJeePekAi;317042 said:

It is difficult to get the cover glass for e39, bro..

Top Bottom