Has this happened to you before?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Euro_7

Club Guest
Hi fellas. Just wanna share this incident which happened quite recently.While using my wiper blades, the left one broke off while still in motion. Broke off due to wear I guess. Later we found out the right one was on the verge of breaking as well. This was the 2nd time it happened in my life. The first time happened when I was 8 years old and I saw it break off as well (it seems the left one is always the first to go).
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
The right side.
05.jpg
06.jpg
We've changed the blades already, but this was one helluva funny incident.And here's ol' faithful. Except for the blades, she's never let me down once.
07.jpg
Cheers'

Haven't happened to me before, even with my previous protons. BTW nice and clean car you have there

Daniel> Indeed.

rookie> My car isn't really that nice and clean. Its just, this angle doesn't reveal the "battle scars". Lol.

Daniel said:
welcome to BMW ownership

This type of thing is not limited to BMW. The wiper blade on my Alfasud flew off in the middle of LDP.....due to worn gear teeth and the design is such that there is not lock nut. Jules had to drive the car with RainX whcih only works above 70kph :p

it happened to me a few times when in use, while driving my dad's E32. but mine was da right side. And it didnt broke.... just came off da hook and imagine my horror when it just roll over n fall on to da ground.

Top Bottom