Has anyone remap or rechip a e36 with M43B18?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
sanjay nv;193947 said:
ok here goes my views,mates.
well,got my wifey e36 single vanos / m50[5speed] ride unichiped,changed K&N filter,volker iridium 7ZX-R PLUGS, replaced the o2 sensor.:p>:p>
And this is what i got::p>:p>
>pickup....some extra push [say 10% only]:p>:p>
>2 gear onward.....>good push [say 30% better]:p>:p>
>engine sounds like i likeit [smooooother]
> after 30km, she flies [need to think on upgrading breaks,now]
>fuel [better,a lil]

so, wants my verdict, i guess i'm happy.coz with a 5gear- gearbox my pickup only kicks in after 2nd.and from then it's magic,man.
well,mates thats that, for what it's worth.
Hi Sanjay,
Thanks for sharing. I did put in a pipercross drop in free flow air filter. Immediately felt more power. But that day I also flush my AT and refill with Royal Purple and change rear diff oil to RP as well. After a while I got more power/torque as well, so now looking for a bit more. I might look into changing the plugs as I don't know when was it last changed.

Hi Sesat,
I decided to attempt rechip and/or remap. For rechip I got a quote from Superchips which I think was reasonable. I'm not so interested in the bhp increase but the torque increase at low rpm which is estimated to be about 5-10%. Also thinking of changing the cat to bullet. Seem like a promising upgrade as my cat is almost dead now after 8yr.

Alex

hi alex,
excellent mate,let me know the 'after effect' once u've done changing ur cat,right.

happyVday,mates:)

aoc;195018 said:
Hi Sanjay,
Thanks for sharing. I did put in a pipercross drop in free flow air filter. Immediately felt more power. But that day I also flush my AT and refill with Royal Purple and change rear diff oil to RP as well. After a while I got more power/torque as well, so now looking for a bit more. I might look into changing the plugs as I don't know when was it last changed.

Hi Sesat,
I decided to attempt rechip and/or remap. For rechip I got a quote from Superchips which I think was reasonable. I'm not so interested in the bhp increase but the torque increase at low rpm which is estimated to be about 5-10%. Also thinking of changing the cat to bullet. Seem like a promising upgrade as my cat is almost dead now after 8yr.

Alex

wei... cheap man upgrade for torque... play around with your final axle ratio!!!
Heheheheheh......:rolleyes:

Top Bottom