Has anyone remap or rechip a e36 with M43B18?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

aoc

Club Guest
Hi all sifus out there,Just would like to know if any of you have rempa or rechip your e36 M43B18? I'd like to hear your experience for this specific engine. Couldn't find much about this engine. Thanks in advance Alex

Just interested to know what else can I do short of changing the engine. Ministry of Interior does approve of engine swap. ecu remap she doesn't need to know mah... :)

aoc;193473 said:
Just interested to know what else can I do short of changing the engine. Ministry of Interior does approve of engine swap. ecu remap she doesn't need to know mah... :)

no need remap...just change engine la... the biggest one you can find... heheheheh! :cool:

Sesat,
Like I said wife does not allow engine swap... car is under her name

aoc;193473 said:

hello hello... welcome to my club .. hhahahaa.. i think u more sesat than me.... look at what you wrote!

hehe...:Dhere we go again......:cool:drive stock la. :cool:or sell ur car and get 6 pot la.:)

Hi Sesat,
You got me there... I was sesat typing at night. Lets just keep to this topic of remap.

Zoggee,
Take it as just a paper study. If the research shows that it is not worth it then I'll just keep it stock. 6 pot out the question. If I change the car, wife wants Innova and I lose my UDM.

Alex

aoc;193655 said:
Hi Sesat,
You got me there... I was sesat typing at night. Lets just keep to this topic of remap.

Zoggee,
Take it as just a paper study. If the research shows that it is not worth it then I'll just keep it stock. 6 pot out the question. If I change the car, wife wants Innova and I lose my UDM.

Alex

here's a sln....
change wife, loose the Innova, get a better UDM... hehehehehheeh.... joking joking :D

but seriously.. no point remap or rechip for a M43. I comtemplated that for weeks but the ratio of $$$ to HP is just not worthwhile.

Might as well save up, maintain the M43 and do up a project car....now that's cool :cool:

p.s.
satu bini cukup, too many yee lai.. susah oh! ... hehehehe..... cabutz!

Jerman;193724 said:
Yes.......here we go again..........the last thread, somebody nearly "gaduh' leh!:eek:

aoc,
read more here..........

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/ecu-re-mapping-t10571.html

hahhaaha... i remember that thread well. Very interesting read. I am curious on what option you took? Bought a new car yet or went for HIOP?

Untuk aoc, dia tu kes special... ade stick #3 involved... heheheheeh.. cabutz first not mean i kena kau kau here....:D

sesat88;193727 said:
hahhaaha... i remember that thread well. Very interesting read. I am curious on what option you took? Bought a new car yet or went for HIOP?

Untuk aoc, dia tu kes special... ade stick #3 involved... heheheheeh.. cabutz first not mean i kena kau kau here....:D

sesat88,
No action yet:(

Got a suggestion... why not superchargered it? It will add about 30-40bhp and the powerband starts from 2000rpm till 6000rpm and no lag.. Your wife wont know but will be happy with the extra spirit from your car.

The cost? Where? Guess you need other club members to help you... What I do know is, a few Singaporean did add the Supercharger to their BMW (4 potter) cost is about SGN 4000 to 6000

geoffreylee;193830 said:
Got a suggestion... why not superchargered it? It will add about 30-40bhp and the powerband starts from 2000rpm till 6000rpm and no lag.. Your wife wont know but will be happy with the extra spirit from your car.

The cost? Where? Guess you need other club members to help you... What I do know is, a few Singaporean did add the Supercharger to their BMW (4 potter) cost is about SGN 4000 to 6000

geoffrey,
Supercharger could be the answer but the cost could be rather stiff, no less than 20k which means almost 40%-50% of the value of aoc's car???:confused:

Jerman;193934 said:
geoffrey,
Supercharger could be the answer but the cost could be rather stiff, no less than 20k which means almost 40%-50% of the value of aoc's car???:confused:

If we to search well, I am sure you can find a UDM E46 at 85K and add RM20K for supercharger .. it is just RM105K.. If it is a 6 potter 320 with supercharger it will give the same power as 328i but less roadtax and also better fuel consumtion.

Sound logic???

another take

ok here goes my views,mates.
well,got my wifey e36 single vanos / m50[5speed] ride unichiped,changed K&N filter,volker iridium 7ZX-R PLUGS, replaced the o2 sensor.
And this is what i got:
>pickup....some extra push [say 10% only]
>2 gear onward.....>good push [say 30% better]
>engine sounds like i likeit [smooooother]
> after 30km, she flies [need to think on upgrading breaks,now]
>fuel [better,a lil]

so, wants my verdict, i guess i'm happy.coz with a 5gear- gearbox my pickup only kicks in after 2nd.and from then it's magic,man.
well,mates thats that, for what it's worth.

geoffreylee;193938 said:
If we to search well, I am sure you can find a UDM E46 at 85K and add RM20K for supercharger .. it is just RM105K.. If it is a 6 potter 320 with supercharger it will give the same power as 328i but less roadtax and also better fuel consumtion.

Sound logic???

yeah...but who's good at tuning it to refinement for daily use?:)

Agree with Zoggee.. who can tune the supercharger to daily use?

As for our friend.. new sparkplugs from old and also good airfilter will enhance engine breath... = better fuel burn = better performance.

Top Bottom