Hard gearshift between 1st and 2nd during warm up phase.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Maxi

Club Guest
Any body had this problem before in his e46. I have this prob in the gear. When I search this prob in the TIS prog. It says that it occurs in E36 320, and there is a service released called EPROM that must be installed in the EGS. Have any body did this before in his e46?. do you have any info if this service can be installed in e46 also or just for e36? or if there anothre service for e46? Please I need your advise an feedback soon, to fix this prob. early befor having bigger prob. *** My car is 328i 1999 auto, imported form Japan and it has ( Jatco ) transmission. For more info, have a look in the TIS shot. Thanks

dude,

i think its the ecu. its a good thing to keep low gear when warming up the engine. its to get the engine to its optimal temperature as quickly as possible. realise after when the temperature needle stays constant, the gear changes easily and smoothly.

Slow or no gear change

I have the same problem i think !!!

I drive a E46 2000 CKD Local.
In the morning, the car temperature must reach the 1st bar if not my gear does not change from 1 st to 2nd and onwards it just keeps dragging on the 1st gear.

So for a couple of months already i have been warming it up. Once warmed it runs smoothly...

nicksonlow;432583 said:
...i think its the ecu. its a good .....

This is the EGS/AGS which is the transmission control unit firmware. I have never re-image my EEPROM for my e36 and I have to warm-up the car (past the BLUE marker at the water temp indicator) to have a smooth gearchange. My e36 gearbox is ZF.

I have not seen this symptom with my e46. Normally e46 engine wil get warm pretty quick.

I still have this prob. Any body have discover the problem. I'm planning to take to the dealler, to do check, maybe it needs software upgrade.

Top Bottom