Halal@Saigon: Part Une

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BlackCat

Founding Member
Staff member
"You will be met at 66 Dong Du, Saigon. Light a cigarette at exactly 1900 hours. Not a second before. Not a second after. Your contact will pass you a match book. Turn around and head towards a familiar place." These were my orders 18 hours ago, and here I am in Saigon. Reeling back the orders from the vaults of my memories.It gets dark pretty early here, which is good as I would need the darkness to be my friend tonight. Walking past the Opera House, past soldiers with their AK47s slung low from their shoulders. I quickly made my way glancing at reflections from glass windows hoping no one is following me.Unarmed and exposed in the open, I felt a drop of sweat running down my forehead. Damn! I am getting too old for this. I'll retire after this job, I thought. Nah! And what would I do? Snap out off it and focus... Ten meters to the intersection of Dong Du and Hai Ba Trung. From there another 16.5 meters to the point. Thanks Google Map!Reached into my right pocket and pulled out a box of Benson's as I looked at the sign that read 66 Dong Du. A mosque right in the centre of Saigon! Who would've imagined. My Panerai GMT is about fifteen clicks to the hour. Perfect! I raised my hands while counting, three... two... light.Suddenly... from nowhere, a young girl... barely ten, tugged my pants. Looking up at me while she passed me a box of matches, she uttered something while holding up her palms. Sensing that I am to pay for that box of matches, I immediately gave her some coins and turned my back to her.Now look for a familiar place, I reminded myself. What can be familiar in Saigon! I have not been here for almost forty years...End of Part Une.BlackCat

Dude,

Welcome to my playground. hahahahahaha........ So you visited Dr Shimi's restaurant, Halal @ Saigon on Dung Du St ehhhh.... I am always at ZanZbar which is a couple of doors away from halal@Saigon. How long are you there for ? I will be back on Saturday. Go check out the restaurants on Tai Van Lung and Le Than Ton st. Theres Cepage, Sheridan's, Ganesh, La Hostaria... etc etc etc....PM me your local number if you're gonna be there next week. If you're still there when I am back, I'll take you other places apart from District 1. Go check out Boat house at An Phu. It's far but its worth it. Sit by the deck and watch the sunset whilst sipping on a Mojito. See you in Saigon hopefully.

Sith

I was there last week. traffic is terrible. There are more bikes than car.

Journey from airport to HCM take about 30 minutes for a 7 km ride. crazy..

didn't know dr shimi operating a rest.....i though she is having a clinic/phamacy there?!

was there yesterday ..

You are talking abt Saigon Cafe , right ? Opps the mosque.

Nice food, met with Dr Shim i(i think.. she said she has a PHD in nutrition) ..
Good price (definitely cheaper than 4 Seasons !!)

Had a GREAT time in HCMC .. :top:

Any guy would have a great time in HCMC lah abang 535i hahahahahaha.... Yes it's opps the mosque. If any of you guys go back again, give me a PM and I will take you around.

Abang 535i, hope you had time to visit Chu Chi and the Delta, if you were on a holiday lah.....

Hi Sith, HCMC also your local playground? Ok, next time I am there, I will call you. Pls PM me your local Viet no. I am usually around District 1 too, quite close to the Mkt Place.

flash;402857 said:
Hi Sith, HCMC also your local playground? Ok, next time I am there, I will call you. Pls PM me your local Viet no. I am usually around District 1 too, quite close to the Mkt Place.

Near Ben Thanh Market ? Anyways my local Vietnamese number is 0914189061. I am usually there at least 3 weeks in a month or ore. Would be happy to catch up with you if you're there. Where do u usually stay ?

Co has a place in Phu My Hung... I usually stay there.

sithwarrior;402862 said:
Near Ben Thanh Market ? Anyways my local Vietnamese number is 0914189061. I am usually there at least 3 weeks in a month or ore. Would be happy to catch up with you if you're there. Where do u usually stay ?

sithwarrior;402833 said:
Any guy would have a great time in HCMC lah abang 535i hahahahahaha.... Yes it's opps the mosque. If any of you guys go back again, give me a PM and I will take you around.

Abang 535i, hope you had time to visit Chu Chi and the Delta, if you were on a holiday lah.....

Bro, I did not have a good time in HCMC lah.

flash;402867 said:
Co has a place in Phu My Hung... I usually stay there.

Dude, Phu my hung is at District 7, wahhhh damn kaya ahhh you ? Damn far also lah. anyways Phu my hung is a nice place. The whole area dont look like Saigon at all. So did u get to see Mr Khai's Yatch parked next to his house ? hahahahaha

jarance;402874 said:
Bro, I did not have a good time in HCMC lah.

Why ahhhh ? :eek: didnt u check out Apocalypse or the pubs at Pham mu lau ? All your love you long long time kinda friends there what..... :wink:

sithwarrior;402833 said:

Yup - had a GREAT time there ... Visited the Delta but not the Chu Chi.
Was with 11 ladies (read ladies .. my old classmates ..)

They had a ball - shopping non-stop !!!

The massage was good .. :top:

Nolah, me not kaya. Co I work is kaya. Yup, you are right, that area does not look like the rest of HCMC... well, heard the place is being developed by a Taiwanese, that is why the place looks more like Taiwan.... and yes, it is bloody far from District 1, compounded by the traffic jams....

sithwarrior;402879 said:
Dude, Phu my hung is at District 7, wahhhh damn kaya ahhh you ? Damn far also lah. anyways Phu my hung is a nice place. The whole area dont look like Saigon at all. So did u get to see Mr Khai's Yatch parked next to his house ? hahahahaha

535i;402885 said:
Yup - had a GREAT time there ... Visited the Delta but not the Chu Chi.
Was with 11 ladies (read ladies .. my old classmates ..)

They had a ball - shopping non-stop !!!

The massage was good .. :top:

Only the Delta ? aiyaaa... Chu Chi would have been more fun. Anyways the delta would have put a smile on a photographers face. Loads of interesting shots, especially the floating market. The last time I was on the Delta was 3 years ago.

flash;402887 said:
Nolah, me not kaya. Co I work is kaya. Yup, you are right, that area does not look like the rest of HCMC... well, heard the place is being developed by a Taiwanese, that is why the place looks more like Taiwan.... and yes, it is bloody far from District 1, compounded by the traffic jams....

Yup Taiwanese and Koreans. Aiyaaaa anyoe staying in Phu My Hung sure got driver one. so no need to complain about traffic lorrrr.... So do u get chauffeured in a Maybach or a Bentley Malina edition ? hahahahaha

sithwarrior;402881 said:
Why ahhhh ? :eek: didnt u check out Apocalypse or the pubs at Pham mu lau ? All your love you long long time kinda friends there what..... :wink:

The only pub that we go was the market place - Actually was a food stall. our wifey was shopping and we drinking near the stall and watch all the kodoks passing by..:listen:

Was staying at Liberty 3. Place OK lah. Beside and behind a lot pubs but no chika to love me long long time..

Saigon Green is good and cheap..

sithwarrior;402891 said:
Yup Taiwanese and Koreans. Aiyaaaa anyoe staying in Phu My Hung sure got driver one. so no need to complain about traffic lorrrr.... So do u get chauffeured in a Maybach or a Bentley Malina edition ? hahahahaha

Saw 2 white Rolls Royce, S Class AMG, tons of 7 series (750 and 760s), X6, X5, E60s, LEXUS ..

I was driven in a Merc Sprinter .. :top:

Hee hee, usually get chauffered in an Innova. But got try before being driven in a 7-silli, Benzi S-silli, Benzi R-silli and Maybach (though for 5 minutes only but it was worth it:top:).

sithwarrior;402891 said:

Top Bottom