Guide on 335i mods

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

rahimi8

Club Guest
Hi all,guess this is my 2nd post after introducing myself on the newbies section. I just got my 335 i few months back, but now thinking of putting some power to it. The problem is Im a total idiot in car modification. hope all the sifus here can help me a lil bit with my q's.. 1. If i want to tune my car, which tune should i use? from what i heard there is not much options here in Malaysia. How much does it cost? 2. Without changing the exhaust, how do i add a lil bit more sound to it? and again, what is the cost? thanks all

rahimi8;750432 said:
Hi all,

guess this is my 2nd post after introducing myself on the newbies section.

I just got my 335 i few months back, but now thinking of putting some power to it. The problem is Im a total idiot in car modification.

hope all the sifus here can help me a lil bit with my q's..

1. If i want to tune my car, which tune should i use? from what i heard there is not much options here in Malaysia. How much does it cost?

2. Without changing the exhaust, how do i add a lil bit more sound to it? and again, what is the cost?

thanks all

Bro,

Come to OTT on coming Friday at Chawan, Citta Mall...can see 335i gang to know about the mods...seeing is believing

Hi Rahimi..welcome to the forum.

1.There are a few optons out there,the most numerous would be Procede and JuiceBox.Look it up and study the features.There are just too many variables and features to explain here.

2.U can get an exhaust shop to take out the valve in ur exhaust system that regulates exhaust noise/sound.

Soulfood,
what time is the OTT? this is for 335 gang?

supergripen,
how is your experience with PROcede? how much horsepower did it add to your car?

any consequences of taking out the valve? is there any shop u can recommend me to do this and the cost?

rahimi8;750444 said:
Soulfood,
what time is the OTT? this is for 335 gang?

supergripen,
how is your experience with PROcede? how much horsepower did it add to your car?

any consequences of taking out the valve? is there any shop u can recommend me to do this and the cost?

Bro,

9.30 pm onwards till wee hour...it is all for all series for bimmerz but one of the gang will be 335 gang...you can check some of the 335 will be on procede, some on JB4, some even on methanol...got trempit session as well...hehe

rahimi8;750444 said:
supergripen,

Procede? Hmm...lemme see.From 306bhp to 376bhp,feels pretty damn good.There are not many roads where you can deploy full throttle for more than a few seconds without getting into trouble.It's freakin' quick;)
On the flipside tho,I've had a few CEL moments which turns out to be pressure sensor failures and one occurence which turned out to be an ignition coil giving way.I don't know if these failures can be attributed to Procede,but you do run higher boost with increased pressures in the engine.These items costs a few hundred ringgits to replace which isn't too bad.All said and done,I'm very very happy with it.For the performance you get,these are minor problems..negligible I'd say.

As for the exhaust valve,I don't really know..mine is still stock.

soulfood;750480 said:
Bro,

9.30 pm onwards till wee hour...it is all for all series for bimmerz but one of the gang will be 335 gang...you can check some of the 335 will be on procede, some on JB4, some even on methanol...got trempit session as well...hehe

got rempit session! definitely will be there if my son and wife tak kacau that night! so how do i spot you bro? surely there are hundreds of bimmers there.

supergripen;750668 said:
Procede? Hmm...lemme see.From 306bhp to 376bhp,feels pretty damn good.There are not many roads where you can deploy full throttle for more than a few seconds without getting into trouble.It's freakin' quick;)
On the flipside tho,I've had a few CEL moments which turns out to be pressure sensor failures and one occurence which turned out to be an ignition coil giving way.I don't know if these failures can be attributed to Procede,but you do run higher boost with increased pressures in the engine.These items costs a few hundred ringgits to replace which isn't too bad.All said and done,I'm very very happy with it.For the performance you get,these are minor problems..negligible I'd say.

As for the exhaust valve,I don't really know..mine is still stock.

agreed bro, there are not many roads we can run with full throttle, unless ur the king than can get the police to close the road for u. North south highway? u cant even enjoy fast lane for 2 km without being interrupted with kereta-perasan-laju sitting on the fast lane refusing to move aside.

the minor problem acceptable la bro, beli myvi with no mods pun ada problem.. haha. where did u get ur procede installed bro? ive read both JB4 and procede.. procede seems to be more risk-free than JB4.

rahimi8;750676 said:
got rempit session! definitely will be there if my son and wife tak kacau that night! so how do i spot you bro? surely there are hundreds of bimmers there.

Bro,

Dont worry..just come and ask around...ask them to access the committee....they are definitely can spot where is the 335 gang....u can spot me via my e93 silver...hehehe

rahimi8;750680 said:
agreed bro, there are not many roads we can run with full throttle, unless ur the king than can get the police to close the road for u. North south highway? u cant even enjoy fast lane for 2 km without being interrupted with kereta-perasan-laju sitting on the fast lane refusing to move aside.

the minor problem acceptable la bro, beli myvi with no mods pun ada problem.. haha. where did u get ur procede installed bro? ive read both JB4 and procede.. procede seems to be more risk-free than JB4.

Agreed on the PLUS highway thingy.. memang susah nak sustain high speeds without being hindered by clueless zombies that roam the highways.Even if diorang sedar,they can't judge the rate of closure especially when u're doing high speeds.But you'll soon learn to adapt and drive around these people.One thing for sure tho,your brakes needs to always be in tip top condition.

Had mine installed at Obermaier Jln Ipoh.I'm currently running just the Procede v4 without any bolt-ons.It's a bit more expensive than the JB but it has more safety parameters and more useful features.JB users will of course beg to differ but I guess it all comes down to personal preferences.Look at the features they offer and make ur choice.Either way,you'll end up with a very very quick BMW;) Mine is a 4door and de-badged,so it's more of a surprise to other road users,especially those that usually prey on lesser engined BMWs hehehe;)

Rahimi, welcome to the TIGA TIGA LIMA kaki rempitzzzz gang.....welcome to join the whatapp 335 group ( if you have ). Its full of poison here, and we guarantee you that the battery life of your phone will be reduced to 50%. I will PM you the number shortly. Some of us will be at the OTT this friday. Some experienced 335 sifus in the group. Supergripen and Cosmo too. : )

Daniel E30;750797 said:
Rahimi, welcome to the TIGA TIGA LIMA kaki rempitzzzz gang.....welcome to join the whatapp 335 group ( if you have ). Its full of poison here, and we guarantee you that the battery life of your phone will be reduced to 50%. I will PM you the number shortly. Some of us will be at the OTT this friday. Some experienced 335 sifus in the group. Supergripen and Cosmo too. : )

thanks daniel! im so excited for the meet up.. and becoming one of the 335 rempit gang. do i need to have tail on the back of my hair like the rempits in RXZ? hahhahaha..

rahimi8;750804 said:
thanks daniel! im so excited for the meet up.. and becoming one of the 335 rempit gang. do i need to have tail on the back of my hair like the rempits in RXZ? hahhahaha..
Yes, d pony tail is a prerequisite 2 join, but dont worry, safety is no 1 priority. It is more a test of cars, not driving skills.

SilverBullet;750909 said:
you can DIY to remove the exhaust valve bro..personally i find the sound is much better to suit the 335..not too loud, not too low..check this out:

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?47713-Exhaust-sound/page3

alternatively I can do it for you..just buy me a couple of cold ones....teh ais :4:

Silverbullet, thank u so much for the info. After reading it i straight away go to my car and try the mod. Some increase on the sound level when idle. Havent got the chance to press my paddle as it is almost midnight.. Nanti kena parang with my neighbour. Gonna try it tomorrow and post an update here,

Silverbullet, nice front lip of your ride.... : ) and thanks, i didnt know we could do that. i will go try also. ( You ada whatapp tak? )

RX8, pony tail at which PART are ahhh?

Silverbullet, nice front lip of your ride.... : ) and thanks, i didnt know we could do that. i will go try also. ( You ada whatapp tak? )

RX8, pony tail at which PART are ahhh?

SilverBullet;750909 said:
you can DIY to remove the exhaust valve bro..personally i find the sound is much better to suit the 335..not too loud, not too low..check this out:

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?47713-Exhaust-sound/page3

alternatively I can do it for you..just buy me a couple of cold ones....teh ais :4:

Thanx for sharing this...just tried it,the space there is a bit tight,can barely get my hands in.But I did it.A very slight increase in sound at idle,at low to med throttle I barely notice any difference in actual exhaust note but the turbo whine is now more pronounced.Pretty cool,although I want more;) hehehe
Looking at BMW Performance,but kinda pricey.. we'll see.Got other more important stuffs in the pipeline.

rahimi8;750927 said:
Silverbullet, thank u so much for the info. After reading it i straight away go to my car and try the mod. Some increase on the sound level when idle. Havent got the chance to press my paddle as it is almost midnight.. Nanti kena parang with my neighbour. Gonna try it tomorrow and post an update here,

One of my neighbour used to have a Subaru Impreza STi version7 with a Fujitsubo exhaust system..very very loud,even at idle.But he is discreet,so no probs from us neighbours.BTW he now drives a e90 325i on style230 19" wheels ;)

Top Bottom