Gps

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BMW9700

Club Guest
Hi All,Just wondering how many of you bros and sistas in this forum own a GPS receiver apart from the i drive..just looking to get one..am quite interested in the Garmin Nuvi 610..also does BMW provide the malaysian maps in its i drive....any commentsregards

BMW9700

hold on to your purchase as we are trying to work a deal with a dealer for Garmin Gps on special discounts for Official Members of this club..will keep you posted as we are meeting up this Tuesday.

Hi..

When I search for a GPS unit, I come across this MIO 510E and it is a superb Sat Nav system. After much negotiation, I managed to get a special price of RM980 .. ori selling price is RM1400, if you are interested pls PM me for the contact. It is the final unit and selling fast. Sad if you miss the chance.

http://www.mio-tech.be/en/gps-navigation-device-Mio-C510E-overview.htm
510.jpg

c510e_spec.jpg

mio_P510e.JPG

XXX, Sorry I add in as just wish to help fellow forumer.. I believe RM980 is a very special price for GPS. If GARMIN's offer is cheaper.. please kindly ignore my post ya..

i know a garmin authorized reseller if you are interested, his name is Adrian Soh and contact number is 0122050976. the nuvi 200 is selling like hot cake. mention my name "clinton" and he will give you a good price.

Used sniper126's Gamin Nuvi 200 and it's perfect. Highly recommended for people who are bad with directions like me. XXX, it'll be great to get bulk purchase discount from a reputable player like Gamin.

Geoffreylee, RM980 sounds like an irresistible offer too. I'm game.:top:

Getting at Gps unit is not just abt the price of the unit , one important aspect should be the mappping software that comes with it, as each company is different. Whats the point of getting cheap unit but always getting wrong info..

tea lady uses the nuvi 310 to run errands....
have both the garmin maps and the malsing maps.

easy to use ma. tea lady can use, you can too!!

XXX;237366 said:
Getting at Gps unit is not just abt the price of the unit , one important aspect should be the mappping software that comes with it, as each company is different. Whats the point of getting cheap unit but always getting wrong info..

True but I believe the accuracy of the maps will not deviate that much. However, having said that, it's not 100% accurate especially when the roads are complicated e.g. Malaysian roads that are 365 days undergoing roadworks. One day 2 way, one day 1 way. Sometimes even 3 ways.:stupid:

geoffreylee;237395 said:
DD u interested? If yes, can I get the seller to contact you.

MIO is a reputable brand in Australia alongside Tom Tom & SatNav. Shouldn't be that 'cheh kai'. Will be good if you can provide us with the seller contact so that we can get comparisons and negotiate a good deal for club members. We can also strike up some affiliations with them for future member purchase.:top:

The seller is Edwin and he can be contacted at 0163231352.
His outlet is at South City Plaza

Good luck!!

Hi Daredevil,
As Geoffrey was mentioning, I am actually the distributor for MITAC MIO digi walker gadget..Its product range are from 3.5"LCD, pda & pda phone.
Please arrange time and we will be ever ready to present to the club.

Of course we can always work out the special deal with bmwclub.

clint;237345 said:
i know a garmin authorized reseller if you are interested, his name is Adrian Soh and contact number is 0122050976. the nuvi 200 is selling like hot cake. mention my name "clinton" and he will give you a good price.
how much they going for?

i heard the SC Plaza guy charging for the maps...the set only is one price...w/o the adaptors etc....weird

I'm no expert in this matter, but a friend of mine uses one. If I'm not mistaken some system comes with preinstalled map or downloadable map which is free, and some are subjected t a monthly fees. check out this site for malaysia n singapore map. www.malsingmaps.com

I wish to clarify all products comes with full box & accessories, n also loaded with west & east malaysia maps.
Geoffrey Lee has saw & tested on the products

blackrobe;238311 said:
i heard the SC Plaza guy charging for the maps...the set only is one price...w/o the adaptors etc....weird

Every package comes with full box of accessories, preinstalled with west & east malaysia maps (mapking)

How well does the Nuvi 200 work with vkool tint btw? Do I need a Nuvi 300 (with external antenna) if I have vkool?

v-kool! no problem. i just bought the Nuvi200. works on my wife's honda with v-kool elite.

Top Bottom