Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 Tire

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ehoe

Club Guest
I heard there is a quality and performance difference between the GoodYear Eagle GSD3 tires that are made from Germany vs the one made from Thailand?. Anyone can confirm this?. I know there is a batch that was made from Australia as well and apparently this is also supposedly better than the Thailand made ones but of course the best is still the German made ones. But its near impossible to find German made ones these days, majority are from Thailand. :-( Need to change the home ministers tires soon and am thinking of putting F1 GSD3 for her.....

ehoe;291496 said:
I heard there is a quality and performance difference between the GoodYear Eagle GSD3 tires that are made from Germany vs the one made from Thailand?. Anyone can confirm this?.

I know there is a batch that was made from Australia as well and apparently this is also supposedly better than the Thailand made ones but of course the best is still the German made ones. But its near impossible to find German made ones these days, majority are from Thailand. :-(

Need to change the home ministers tires soon and am thinking of putting F1 GSD3 for her.....

can try lim tayar ss2. they stock german made F1s

conan;291535 said:
can try lim tayar ss2. they stock german made F1s

Tks for the tip but somehow buying tires Klang is still the place to go. Cheapest you can find in town....

I guess if you really want German made ones then you have to be willing to fork out the extra $$$.

But back to my original question, is there really a big difference in quality of the tires made in Thailand Vs Germany????

Wow no feedback or opinions from anyone abt the Thailand made GY Eagle F1 GSD3 tires?. That bad that no one has used them....? hmmm.....

ehoe;292436 said:
Wow no feedback or opinions from anyone abt the Thailand made GY Eagle F1 GSD3 tires?. That bad that no one has used them....? hmmm.....

You may not have the responses you had hoped for ehoe. My guess is [also thru my personal experience] that may here who use 18s with GY Eagle F1s would prefer to get the German made ones instead. Having said that [I stand corrected on this], for rubbers

i had used both, tomyam and german ones.
initial batches from tomyam indicated noticeable difference between the two but after a few years in the market, there is very little difference.
Unfortunately, I am not the best person to ask about driving and ride as I am pretty sedate driver.

A colleague of mine who used to head the manufacturing of GY for Asia said the quality for tomyam mades are much improved and very close to the German ones. It's usually a matter of perception but road tests indicate they are identical.

15" & 16" GSD-3 are from Thailand. 17" there are two sources- Germany n Thailand. Bigger tyres are from Germany.

My personal experience on E30 with 15" GSD-3, 195/55/15 which now left with less than 40% tread:

Excellent grip in dry n wet (pity those cars following behind). Excellent tracking and directional stability. Predictable understeer on the limit. Good comfort and acceptable wear for mileage (done 20+k km). In short its been an excellent performer so far and gives me confidence when pushing the car around corners.

Note that my E30 has worn rear sub-frame and trailing arm bushings; and it doesnt have a rear ARB. I regularly rotate the tyres for even wear. BTW, one of the rear tyres had a puncture on the sidewall and was repaired with a quality tyre patch - it still corners great.

never tried the thai ones, but i suppose after some years of manufacturing experience now, I would presume it's up to acceptable standards.

the german ones are superb, I drive them the same way wet or dry. of course they will aquaplane a little if the jalan takung air..but never lost control before so it gets my vote.

I'm on the German GY F1 GSD3 (18") set now and through its life i have been a happy user. But the time has come to change my tyres now.

What shall i go for? Hm....

guru;292769 said:
never tried the thai ones, but i suppose after some years of manufacturing experience now, I would presume it's up to acceptable standards.

the german ones are superb, I drive them the same way wet or dry. of course they will aquaplane a little if the jalan takung air..but never lost control before so it gets my vote.

Exactly the same experience on my 17" . Dry and wet grip excellent. Two gripes though.....relatively noisy and avoid patches of water like hell.

Top Bottom