Goodyear Asymmetric 2 and Directional 5 Launch Event

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Any inputs or review on the tyre instead of the girls? The difference compare to assym 1?

haKKaMeE;659283 said:
wah..banyak stim arr...lucky u jarance
we ambush n attack hahaha

Bro, you shud hv come laa.... It was a good outing. Good event, good food, good ladies ard too ....:4::4::4::4:...

bmw7833;659287 said:
The second left not bad ehh..

you mean this SYT?

DSC_1019a.jpg

jarance;659286 said:
VP you mean this one?
[IMG
or this one.
DSC_1119a.jpg

:listen: I like :4: ..... See Alex, I orso got 2 sweet ladies by my side u see.... :4: :top::top::top:

jarance;659290 said:
or this one?
P1030387a.jpg

Being a VP certainly has it's privileges, this is call back to back...

initialM;659294 said:
Any inputs or review on the tyre instead of the girls? The difference compare to assym 1?

:listen: In due time my friend. We are in the midst of compiling all inputs and will soon post the assessment accordingly :4: ......

initialM;659294 said:

Based on the Knowledge base info during the Launch.

As compared to A1, there are much improvement in the A2 design.
DSC_1072a.jpg

This is also compared to known competitor.
DSC_1073a.jpg

the 64 outer ribs vs 72 inner ribs give rise to quieter tyres when running at high speed.
DSC_1070a.jpg

Fuel Saving and better braking power due to arrangement of the double cross ply at 86 deg as compare to 90 deg arrangement.
DSC_1058a.jpg

Braking power is increased due to the increase of surface contact.
DSC_1057a.jpg

and Longer lasting life and usage.
DSC_1071a.jpg

Thanks Jarance. Someone told me I made a mistake for choosing AS1 last time. But I never regret. What I worry I cant use other tyre anymore.
Same like after you own BMW u cant drive other car anymore, regardless of model & year.
AS1 redy good for me. Now with better AS2 hope can use one in future. Any idea on the price for 19"?

initialM;659312 said:
Thanks Jarance. Someone told me I made a mistake for choosing AS1 last time. But I never regret. What I worry I cant use other tyre anymore.
Same like after you own BMW u cant drive other car anymore, regardless of model & year.
AS1 redy good for me. Now with better AS2 hope can use one in future. Any idea on the price for 19"?

I think the 19" is coming later if I am not mistaken and it would be 6 ribs instead of 5 ribs.
Try to ask AB for the contact of Leon number. He is the owner of Quicksave.

Here are some pic of the Directional 5 and Asymmetric 2 in action on wet road.

The D5 were install on the the Civic whereas the As2 were installed on the E90/320.

Observe the water spray on D5.
DSC_1045a.jpg

and compare to the A2
DSC_1102a.jpg

DSC_1103a.jpg

initialM;659294 said:

From the chart provided by jarance, it seems the Assymetrical 2 has improved dramatically in terms of rolling resistance which translates to be better fuel economy. Dry grip has also improved, but handling in the wet remains pretty close to the Assymetrical 1, which was already very good as I have tried one set courtesy of Goodyear Malaysia. My only issue with the Assymetrical 1 was the wear rate and the sidewall cracking, which I was told only affected tires manufactured in 2009. Otherwise this tire is excellent. And now with the Assymetrical 2, Goodyear has improved on the weaknesses so it should be a great tire :)

As for comparison to other manufacturers, it is always very subjective as the competitors is not made known. Michelin will always claim to have the highest dry grip, Continental will claim to have the shortest braking distance in the dry and wet due to the center rib design and likewise others like Goodyear and Bridgestone.

One thing that I have noticed is the structural design of the newer UHP tires (Ultra High Performance), which is all similar in essence where flexing of the sidewall is reduced to ensure maximum contact patch during cornering (Michelin PSS, Continental CSC5 and now Assymetrical 2). Pitching sequence is also more or less a standard feature in all tires to reduce road noise. To lower rolling resistance, more silica is used but lesser rolling resistance means lesser grip, so in essence when it comes to tire design it is all about compromises and coming to an optimum solution meeting the design parameters and how the manufacturer want to position one's product in the market.

The only difference between the PSS+CSC 5P versus the Assymetrical is the compound used for the outer block. In the PSS and CSC 5P, a semi racing compound is used.

It will be interesting to see how the Assymetrical 2 is priced in the market :)

Cheers

ALBundy;659338 said:
It will be interesting to see how the Assymetrical 2 is priced in the market.
Cheers

The D5 and A2 will definitely be cheaper than the current top 3 competitor.:top:

jarance;659343 said:
Here are some of the other feature of the AS2

DSC_1063a.jpg

DSC_1064a.jpg

DSC_1068a.jpg

Bro why all your picture not appear from my screen ? I notice this happen quite some time already but forgot to ask you ? Btw i am using mozilla firefox. Thank you

Alex5522;659347 said:
Bro why all your picture not appear from my screen ? I notice this happen quite some time already but forgot to ask you ? Btw i am using mozilla firefox. Thank you

Did you accidentally block images from this site? Please check back at your browser settings.
Btw, is D5 supposed to be higher range or AS2?

aoch88;659372 said:
Did you accidentally block images from this site? Please check back at your browser settings.

Bro thanks for the info btw if yes i did accidentally block image then where shell i go to reactive it back ya ? Thanks

aoch88;659372 said:

For the test, the D5 were install on the Honda Civic and the AS2 were installed on the BMW, Audi, and Porsche.

I suppose the AS2 is more superior. Based on the fast track test drive around the track on the civic and the BMW,
the handling felt better on the BMW.

The top speed around the track was 150km/hr on the civic and above 160-180km/hr for the bmw.

But then again the civic was stock standard and I could feel the "roll" when talking the 45deg slope turn
and the 3 cones on the straight roads. Based on my bias opinion, the ride in the BMW was much "better"
and faster.

When compare the ride between the E60/525i and E90/320i, the E60 was going faster but then again
the driver were different for both cars.

Top Bottom