Getting the Bimmer,need some advise.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

V-Dosc

Club Guest
Dear sifu out there,I need some advise of getting e46,im looking for e46 320i or 325i and my budget is around 105k..Regarding the maintenance which one is economical? 320i 2003 or 325i 2001 and below?ive found e46 320i uk spec year 2003,mileage 90k...what do you guys think? what else should i need to do/know..seek your opnion..tq!

not much to separate the maintenance of those two.. a lot depends on the condition of car you purchase. they are after all at the age where a lot of wear n tear start to show. go for the larger engined one - that's the proper BMW.

alpina b5;479985 said:
are u getting the 4 door or 2 door

thanks for the reply..actually my dream is to get 325ci but its over my budget.. i found 3201 4 doors at 10k,mileage 90k..

mizhan;479975 said:
not much to separate the maintenance of those two.. a lot depends on the condition of car you purchase. they are after all at the age where a lot of wear n tear start to show. go for the larger engined one - that's the proper BMW.

thanks for reply bro,
im also found 325i 2003 at 110k,mileage 120k..i heard that 325i having GB problem after 100k km..is that true? that's made me think twice to get 325i.. now im in d lemma between 325i or 320i..320i condition looks good.

V-Dosc;480121 said:
thanks for reply bro,
im also found 325i 2003 at 110k,mileage 120k..i heard that 325i having GB problem after 100k km..is that true? that's made me think twice to get 325i.. now im in d lemma between 325i or 320i..320i condition looks good.

It not exactly true about the GB but it is the aux hydraulic pump bushing that is having the problem. The bushing tends to wear off prematurely if the GB mounting is damaged.

E46 required to have all the mounting changed when it is schedule.

Go for the 325 if you like to go a bit faster.. For family car, I think 320 is just nice.

yup.. GB mountings are scheduled maintenance items. but don't worry, they're cheap2. just replaced mine last month.

thank you for the helpful info..now i understand better about GB problem..
what is GB mountings scheduled ? every 100km?

I am also searching for a E46,either 318i 2.0, 320i or 325i but my preference will be a 320i due to its 6 potter engine. Found one 325i yr 2002, a black beauty, but fuel guzzler? is that true...is maint cost similar to 320i/318i.?

test drive a 2002 FL 318i today..impressive...with M3 kits..but asking for 90k, :(...is the price right?

V-Dosc,

Thanks for the infos, i have read his ad in mudah.com before. Called him last week, he said a 2 potiential buyer already submitted loans for his car. I guess it has already been sold. what a pity, based on what he wrote and the photos it is beauty...nice guy as well.

E46 whatever range it is, there's 2 main areas to observe.

Transmission - Mileage about 100K, check out the shifting of gears. A transmission oil flush & change together with the filter assembly is most definitely required. Flushing is very important too.

Cooling System - this system will give you a slight of a headache if it actually kicks in, might cost you a bomb but after fixing with with a warranty, should put your worries to rest.

Other than that shouldn't be a problem.

Hi sifus...any good recommendation of good, honest mechanic in subang jaya/usj area?
Just got an e-46/uk spec/2003 model.

Top Bottom