General Question: In this days of age... Do you still give allowance to your spouse?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ck318ci

Club Guest
I am getting married and have been discussing this with some of my friends I have always been brought up in a traditional upbringing. Stating men will work and pay for all the house hold expenses etc etc. Recently, a topic sprung up during my regular TT kaki in Singapore, both singaporean and Malaysian alike. If both husband and wife are working, as a Husband, do you give allowance to your wife?If so, by what percentage of the income? Another scenario, If both parties working, husband paying all the bills, mortgages etc etc... How much would you pay for the allowance??

Me a malay boy married chinese girl both working, give allowance called nafkah. She use it to buy stuff for herself. Household expense i pay. She pay for her own car.

My mom used to say to my father ' Your money is my money, my money is my money' lol :4:

Give money to the mrs, keep her hapi so that u can be hapi....no other formula works. This is a long term investement. Our forefathers were smart, let's not re-invent the wheel.

But when mrs working and also has her own money, maybe your cost alot lesser la...for e.g. she can buy her own lingerie to provide you with ROI...this is a sound investment IMHO

Go forth and multiply!!!

ck318ci ....since you're not married and soon to be married ...ask your father inlaw for a big angpow and saved it for your soon to be wifey to spend lorrr .... :)

I pay for all expenses but she backs me up during rainy days..haha...but seriously, it works..

ICEMAN 13;679723 said:
ck318ci ....since you're not married and soon to be married ...ask your father inlaw for a big angpow and saved it for your soon to be wifey to spend lorrr .... :)

Single Parenthood... Her father passed away when she was very young...

JFT63;679729 said:
I pay for all expenses but she backs me up during rainy days..haha...but seriously, it works..

Good one.... thats probably I will be doing..

ck318ci;679740 said:
Single Parenthood... Her father passed away when she was very young...

aisehh like that sell off ya BMW and give her a big angpow for her to spend ..and drive a happy japanese car lorrr ....

JFT63;679729 said:

..but do you show her the receipts of breakdown on items spent for ya car ?? :) getting goosebumps leyyy

walau.... that day... just did the tint and the floor mats.. she didnt say anything
20 inch damn obvious so she made some noise but complimented the car..
M sport kit.. she cant see the difference..

ICEMAN 13;679764 said:
..but do you show her the receipts of breakdown on items spent for ya car ?? :) getting goosebumps leyyy

Just show la ice, nothing to hide one..hehe, since she likes UDM too, she doesn't mind helping me out..i let her drive my 39 as her daily workhorse as well...

ICEMAN 13;679763 said:
aisehh like that sell off ya BMW and give her a big angpow for her to spend ..and drive a happy japanese car lorrr ....

She hinted that and point to the small suzuki and say is quite cute.. That would do.....

all the expenses is on me...then sikit jugak kasi sama dia...so let her happy sikit even she working n so i can do wut ever i want with the rest of the money...heheh senang citer sogok sikit...hehehe otherwise she will shouts out when iam doin my mods...heheheheh

When i was married, her earnings were 3 times i make in a year... we shared all our money together

When she stop and found a normal job, her earnings were 2/3 i make in a year...i bought her a car and paid for all her expenses

When she stop the normal job and did a half-day job, her earnings were 1/4 i make in a year...i bought her another car and paid all the expenses and allowances

When she totally stop work and became a housewife, her earnings were 0, i make in a year...she still has her car and i pay all the expenses, bills and a sizeable allowances...

..i dont know how local folks deal with that, but ill tell you that for me, my wife suppose to be my best friend, therefore sharing things should be a common things...i don't believe in to 'maintenance' way of treating each other..it just doesn't feel right to me...both sides should do much as they can and thats all..no measurements required...if you earn more than her, then cover her up is shes in need for something..similarly if you are short for something, its fair to expect that she cover you up..simple as it is..

pussy;679801 said:
When i was married, her earnings were 3 times i make in a year... we shared all our money together

When she stop and found a normal job, her earnings were 2/3 i make in a year...i bought her a car and paid for all her expenses

When she stop the normal job and did a half-day job, her earnings were 1/4 i make in a year...i bought her another car and paid all the expenses and allowances

When she totally stop work and became a housewife, her earnings were 0, i make in a year...she still has her car and i pay all the expenses, bills and a sizeable allowances...

All hail puddycat!!!! U wanna take another wife ah...im looking for a suitor.....I promise to service u very well in return......

I agree very much with Ecc0...no such thing as allowances or anything. The family is viewed as ONE. All decisions to plonk the money somewhere (ie: bigger rims!) is made based on consensus. I believe everybody nowadays are much educated lot and can make more sensible judgement together. And when its time to have kids and all..all priority changes...and i find it works well...especially when your backside itches that great looking add-on spoiler and emotions got better of you.........(unless of course you print money).

Top Bottom