Gabriel Spring and shocks

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi.

No la bro B8 or most absobers dont come wt anything, haha... replying Stevenallgood.
I have never used B6, but B8 on 2 other car. Bilstein are stiffer in my opinion and blardy good.

The Gab somehow, i rasa macam too much feedback, bouncy effect.. its almost like cant take the weight of the car
btw im still on stock springs and not sure if this is a problem.? Im not into dajustables, so what stiffer spring can i get out there?
Anyway, still too early to tell, need more test speed and handling...

Gab has smaller shafts unlike the B6/B8 that has big fat shafts, infact they are smaller in diameter than the stock Boge! :motz:
I may try B6 on my e46 when the ori are due

anaksarawak;789569 said:
Bro, do you mean B8 shocks come with bump stop and mounting? Does the rear Gabriel as good as B6?

haha, didnt even answer your question...

My comments above were more for the front, i cannot say it will be as good as B6, but for rear, i think it is the best bang for buck deal ;)

this is what you get : )

Ampang-20121210-02361.jpg

Ampang-20121210-02360.jpg

IMG-20121210-02348.jpg

packaging says, Caston. Safari, SA

anaksarawak;789558 said:
I bought the whole set the shocks, bump stop and mount too. Mine was purchased by Strider74 http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?13918-E46-Part-and-Service-Cost-II/page62

Lets seek his review, I will ask him to snap some pictures and post his review

Hi, bought the gabes from anaksarawak, got it installed the same day, no difference in ride height, a bit firmer than the originals, but the again my ori was already soft when i changed it.

Drove to KL today thru kesas, managed to do about 140km/h, the shocks felt great, not bouncy at hi speed.

I have used Gabriel during my Proton Saga Megavalve days about 12years back :rock:

Sorry for the delay, here the pictures of the Gabriel from Munich Auto It apply for E36 and E46 rear at RM140 each. Made in South Africa

Hi AnakSarawak. thank you for your posts. great pictures by the way. just wanna ask since mine is still on oem, what other things i need to get in order for me to be able to buy and install Gabriel for my rear absorbers? i dont mind trying one if that's the costs I'm looking at RM140x4 is pretty much reasonable. will try contact Munich early next year. see if they still have stocks. my E46 is on std spring btw. thanks again..

AmoiSky;791518 said:
Hi AnakSarawak. thank you for your posts. great pictures by the way. just wanna ask since mine is still on oem, what other things i need to get in order for me to be able to buy and install Gabriel for my rear absorbers? i dont mind trying one if that's the costs I'm looking at RM140x4 is pretty much reasonable. will try contact Munich early next year. see if they still have stocks. my E46 is on std spring btw. thanks again..

Bro when you order either BOGE or SACHS please order for one model more advance for firmer absorber ie 330 front and convertible/touring rear. You will love it

Gabriel is only available for rear only. However I managed to get a deal for BOGE Automatic for RM860 all four.

You need
2 front absorber mount RM120-RM150 each
$T2eC16dHJGwE9n)yUsf4BQQnWQWynQ~~60_35.JPG

2 rear absorber mount RM35 each
parts.jpg

2 rear bump stop RM30 each
370297622_tp.jpg

Hi AnakSarawak, tq. Just to confirm I need a pair of absorber bumps and a pair of bump stops for the rear shock to install with the Gabriel, is this right? Sorry as I'm just a girl who still trying to understand about cars. Pls correct me if I'm wrong. Boge brand or any other brand suitable as well? Thanks in advance..

AmoiSky;791695 said:
Hi AnakSarawak, tq. Just to confirm I need a pair of absorber bumps and a pair of bump stops for the rear shock to install with the Gabriel, is this right? Sorry as I'm just a girl who still trying to understand about cars. Pls correct me if I'm wrong. Boge brand or any other brand suitable as well? Thanks in advance..

I would suggest to get Bilstein B4 but make sure the correct part number if you prefer a little sportier ride request for convertible or touring rear shocks. Will cost you about 1200 with all mounts and bump stops.

anaksarawak;791700 said:
I would suggest to get Bilstein B4 but make sure the correct part number if you prefer a little sportier ride request for convertible or touring rear shocks. Will cost you about 1200 with all mounts and bump stops.

Thanks so much for your adivise! :top:

Top Bottom