Gabriel Spring and shocks

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
anaksarawak;785337 said:
What to do bro, small income but big heart for BMW so need to be smart to source for good deals

Absolutely right sir......

I'm looking for replacements for my 325 rear shocks also. The ones i have is bit soft.
Anyway does anyone know the price of the original rear shocks?

anaksarawak;784823 said:
I had an amazing experience on a nice 3er with Gabriel shocks during the recent MFest. Am very pleased with the nice feel but cant believe its price! Just a quarter of B6 or B8

Anyone here with Gabriel? Your review please.
http://gabriel.com/our-products/car-light-truck-van/maxcontrol/

I forgot to ask him where he purchase his.

maxcontrol1.jpg

Im on Gabriel + standard spring on my e36 m43 for couple of years
satisfied with the firm ride not too soft & not too hard, the ride oso not too low
if with sport spring I think should get a firmer ride
value for money I think front rm275/unit & rear rm145/unit
but mine all in red colour as u can see in the above link

While at Munich a mech from Ampang Faiz if im not mistaken said that he found the best solution for his e36 with this Gabriel + sport spring
Maybe u should give it a try.. :)

Just called Munich Auto Supply Segambut, the stock for E46 Gabriel rear has arrived.. Going later today

• 20, Jln Segambut, Off Jln Ipoh, 51200
  • Tel:03 40432418

anaksarawak;788388 said:
Just called Munich Auto Supply Segambut, the stock for E46 Gabriel rear has arrived.. Going later today

• 20, Jln Segambut, Off Jln Ipoh, 51200
  • Tel:03 40432418

Did you manage to go?
Whats the price like?

anaksarawak;788570 said:
Yes I got myself a pair of rear shocks RM140 each http://gabriel.com/our-products/car-light-truck-van/guardian/

However I was advised to go for B8 '

Pauline @ Eng Soon"
E46 B8
FRT 35-115069 / 115076 $260x2
REAR 24-026987 $135X2
RM 1980

E46 B6 (currently no stock)
Front $120 x 2
Rear $80 x 2
RM 997

What is the price e39 Bilstien B6 for front and rear absorbers ?

Bro, I have no idea as I didn't seek her to quote, please feel free to email Pauline of Eng Soon, she will reply

By the way, do check with Munich for Gabriel they are good shocks as per many

anaksarawak, can i get a test ride once you have installed them? hehe

I have plans to change rear shocks as well but would be good to have a feel of it first. Am also thinking of titan as alternative b8.

Just becaful if u deal with ES, they didn't provide u the warranty for absorber if your 'relationship' is not good enough with them.

bmw7833;788734 said:
Just becaful if u deal with ES, they didn't provide u the warranty for absorber if your 'relationship' is not good enough with them.

Thanks bro.

I was told return rate of B6 or B8 are 1 in 2000 so it means I will have to uninstall and send the absorbers to ES should I be the unlucky one

i hv dealt with es for years. so far no issue. just sharing my personal xperience.

Hi Anaksawarak,

Hv you installed the absorbers? Is there an increased in the ride height? I remembered using Gabriel way back in the 90's and the ride height increased by about 2 inches over the original absorber.

Also, when you bought the abosrbers, does it comes with the cone, upper and lower spring pads, or we buy back the original from AB? I am keen to try this alternative as I am not too happy with the original setup.

Thanks.

Just installed a set in my E34 2 days ago @ $180/pc, surely a firmer ride than original, ride hide same, a bit bouncy on the front.
First time trying GAB after Bilstein all the way, so it really depends how long this fella can tahan, for the price i don't expect much la.
Cannot compare with B6 or B8.... It does not come with spring pads etc, have to buy separately.

stevenallgood;789551 said:
Hi Anaksawarak,

Hv you installed the absorbers? Is there an increased in the ride height? I remembered using Gabriel way back in the 90's and the ride height increased by about 2 inches over the original absorber.

Also, when you bought the abosrbers, does it comes with the cone, upper and lower spring pads, or we buy back the original from AB? I am keen to try this alternative as I am not too happy with the original setup.

Thanks.

I bought the whole set the shocks, bump stop and mount too. Mine was purchased by Strider74 http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?13918-E46-Part-and-Service-Cost-II/page62

Lets seek his review, I will ask him to snap some pictures and post his review

infinityKL;789555 said:
Just installed a set in my E34 2 days ago @ $180/pc, surely a firmer ride than original, ride hide same, a bit bouncy on the front.
First time trying GAB after Bilstein all the way, so it really depends how long this fella can tahan, for the price i don't expect much la.
Cannot compare with B6 or B8.... It does not come with spring pads etc, have to buy separately.

Bro, do you mean B8 shocks come with bump stop and mounting? Does the rear Gabriel as good as B6?

Top Bottom