Funny sound...Need help or advice

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

DR78

Club Guest
Hi sifus,

Recently not sure why but I get some funny sound on and off coming somewhere from centre console near the left foot below/behind the climate control panels. Sounds like rat scratching on plastic panels. Anyone got similar experience? not sure related or not but recently feels I cant block outside smell from coming into the cabin. Seems the vent not closing or something when I press the circulation button :(

Anyone can help please...?

Thanks

DR....maybe you got a dirty rat under your dashboard...he he he....donno lah.

but re the smell still coming in when you are in recirc....your vent flap has sponge to give a proper seal.that one requires changing.also if the funnel that channels the cabin air from the cabin filter is not fitted properly or has been dislodged,outside air will seep thru.....

Thx moots. I've my car to normal ac shop and that fella dunno hw to service. Cant find the blower it seems. But thx for the advice will hv to try other shops then. Btw ya outside smell comes in. Sometime pass by smelly area can hv awkward moments if got passenger as she/he may think i farted. Lol

That sound though as if vent trying to close but something blocking it thus having the occasional tak tak sound

From my experience with my f30, BMW has all kind of sound coming from the dashboard and Aircon blower. Minor squeaking sound and rattling sound is normal to me. I choose to ignore those sound and enjoy my driving. Unless something major breakdown or not working then only I will act on it. I think even if you switch on the air re circulation mode, outside air still comes in if the smell is strong. There's no 100% seal.

Hey hi Splee, long time no hear. F30 where got so much outside smell. Only blardy wind noise and the stupid steering rack and mysterious plastic creeking sound. Urs not resolved yet?

DR78 said:
Hey hi Splee, long time no hear. F30 where got so much outside smell. Only blardy wind noise and the stupid steering rack and mysterious plastic creeking sound. Urs not resolved yet?
Occasionally I still can smell lorry exhaust coming into my cabin especially when I stopped too close to the lorry in front. My solution for the plastic creaking sound is to turn on my stereo. And for the wind noise just turn the volume knob louder. Lol. Steering rack problem unresolved and live with it. Have BMW came up with a solution?

Top Bottom