Fuel system cleaner ... what do you use?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
i dun really look at ingredient in other brands.. all i do is go to "labs" that i work with testing the brands of fuels and get the bottles of mekp that i need and pour it in and try out. am no longer spending RM50 for a diluted active ingredient. will share more info once i have more test.

i guess once every 10 fill ups will do just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

i dun really look at ingredient in other brands.. all i do is go to "labs" that i work with testing the brands of fuels and get the bottles of mekp that i need and pour it in and try out. am no longer spending RM50 for a diluted active ingredient. will share more info once i have more test.

Thank you grandmaster. Please keep us posted on your discovery.

alantiong;854259 said:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you grandmaster. Please keep us posted on your discovery.

alantiong;854259 said:

- - - Updated - - -

i found out what MEKP is actually. It is Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide. not a plant based ingredient. it is a catalyst to create radical reaction in HC compound.

I've put in a bottle of Gumout Fuel System Cleaner. It's hardly conclusive but after 2 days of driving, seems to indicate fuel consumption of 10km/liter. My norm is between 7 - 8km. Will know better at the end of the week when I refuel. Definitely a lot of dirt in the system after so many years. they have 2 types of packaging. the old one is 335 ml and new is 177 ml. the smaller one is supposedly 2x as strong and cost RM16. For a fuel system cleaner, that's pretty cheap. a fraction of my full tank cost.

Will try it in my other car.

- - - Updated - - -

I've put in a bottle of Gumout Fuel System Cleaner. It's hardly conclusive but after 2 days of driving, seems to indicate fuel consumption of 10km/liter. My norm is between 7 - 8km. Will know better at the end of the week when I refuel. Definitely a lot of dirt in the system after so many years. they have 2 types of packaging. the old one is 335 ml and new is 177 ml. the smaller one is supposedly 2x as strong and cost RM16. For a fuel system cleaner, that's pretty cheap. a fraction of my full tank cost.

Will try it in my other car.

Wah.. That's a good result. Where did you get them from?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I heard my friend said just pump full tank of vpower will clean it up.

131 said:
I heard my friend said just pump full tank of vpower will clean it up.
do try and let us know. cheapest way is still adding a bottle of Gumout Fuel System Cleaner. RM16 a bottle. you probably can find 4 bottles left at Ace Midvalley. I bought up the rest plus what was left at Ace Ikano. heh heh .... not sure if they've restocked.

polytron product is a good stuff, bought a few bottle mtc before, now getting 5 bottle more but haven't tried the fuel additive yet

i use Chevron Pro Gard, it has less PEA than Caltex Techron Concentrate, but its half price of Techron and 2 bottles of it has more PEA than 1 bottle of Techron. Really makes a difference in smoothness

I been using BK 44 and Marvel Mystery Oil when i was in USA. Good product. I Just bought one from Shopee at Rm 99.00. Have yet to try it out. Redline, from some of the website review seems good at about half of the cost.

Top Bottom