Fuel or Coffee

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

saat

Club Guest
The misus complained that her E39 stalled on her at a junction and there was significant loss of power.I tested and found the idling was rough. The pickup was sluggish and that the engine popped at the initial RPM climb (2000 RPM) and then the engine shook quite badly at 5000 RPM.Took it to the workshop. The computer said it was the inlet sensor. Changed it (RM400) and the power delivery was still sluggish.The spark plugs are surprisingly clean and good.Last area - fuel system. Took out the fuel filter from the underside of the car under the front pax. Drained the fuel out of the filter. First nice clear blue (V-Power). Then slightly murky. The third cup was exactly like my regular nescafe. The residue felt rough like metal and when it settled it was thick like goo.Changed the filter (didint want to just clean it) and put back the old sensor. Better now. All that came from the fuel we put into our tank. So watch out guys.

Do you go to one regular petrol station?
If you do, gotta let the station owner know that it's time to clean their tanks.

Happened to me once, but it was water in the petrol. apparently the tank in that particular station had a leak and water sipped into the tank.

I informed the owner of the station and fair enough he checked the tank and found water traces. he eventually closed the Station for a week to clean the tanks.

Originally posted by jeffreyewe@Jan 15 2005, 09:07 AM
Do you go to one regular petrol station?
If you do, gotta let the station owner know that it's time to clean their tanks.

Happened to me once, but it was water in the petrol. apparently the tank in that particular station had a leak and water sipped into the tank.

I informed the owner of the station and fair enough he checked the tank and found water traces. he eventually closed the Station for a week to clean the tanks.
Jeff... and Geng;

It is also not good to fill in petrol when those tanker deliveries ar putting fuel in the tanks. That is when the sludge are disturb and could cause the turbidity in the fule.

Also, try to go for newer stations... their tanks are from fibre glass.

Originally posted by saat@Jan 16 2005, 11:29 AM
Expensive filter lah...RM220 a pop
:D Yeah you can say that again ...

Try to go to the station thats always crowded ... its always better ... was told by one station owner befor ...

cheers

Added "insurance"... never go to a station that is almost running out of petrol... you will notice them when they start putting out the cones by the pumps or when you see the tanker waiting to discharge.

Top Bottom