Fuel Injector

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jarance

Founding Member
Read on some of the forum that sometime the engine loose it performance due to dirty or choked fuel injector. My engine is M40 and I have the following question.1. How to determined whether a fuel injector is partially choked?2. What is the best way of cleaning them?3. I heard that an easier way of cleaning is to add an additive in the petrol? How much would this cost and its effectiveness? 4. Who or where can I get the fuel injector to be clean? How much would this cost and its effectiveness? 5. How long does step 3) and 4) will last?Thak you all in advance.

Does this work? if it does, where to get? Eunos? How much selling in Malaysia.

i tried redline's..... didnt feel a diff as far as I am concerned ....Im not sensitive enuff I guess....

I was told by a friend in the oil industry that the injector cleaners sold consists mainly of high quality kerosene. Imagine paying so much for such a chemical. I too have tried over the years various types of fuel treatment & injector cleaners - didnt feel much difference before & after. I did once clean the injectors in my previous Honda where they removed the injectors from the engine and put it in a machine which cleans by actuating the injector and flowing a chemical. You can actually see the dirt coming out. Result- smoother idling & same performance.

Jarance, I could can feel some "power" increase after putting in the STP Fuel Injector Cleaner, particularly in my previous E34. The cheapest place is spare part shop in Jln Ipoh - RM14 per bottle. But if that's too far for you, Giant is the next cheapest at Rm18.90. I have bought them from Giant Klang before. Brother's is the most expensive at RM28!

However, you should pay a visit to autochild in Glenmarie. I went there today to do decarbonising and engine flush. Will do the injector cleaning next. A lot of dirt, grime, and sh1t gets clogged in the fuel and air intake systems!

Look for Brendan, a canadian with curly hair. the place is not the usual malaysian workshops. His workers actually cleans up everytime they spill some oil onto the floor. I like!

Could be a tad more expensive than other places but he gets the job done and he is willing to explain everything to you.

See www.autochild.com

What about that place in Taman Mayang, near Sunny Car Care .... not mistaken Speed Metal? Read a review on the place when HyperTune project car (white E46) went there

Originally posted by Jipster@Nov 18 2005, 05:26 PM
i tried redline's..... didnt feel a diff as far as I am concerned ....Im not sensitive enuff I guess....
Jipster maybe your butt dyno need some adjustment. :D or your injector are clean. I heard that you might have to go for a few treatment before you can really clean up the injectors if they are really choked.

Originally posted by 3er@Nov 18 2005, 05:38 PM
I usually use Redline SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner.

See HERE.
Are they available here in Malaysia? Do they work? How many time do you need to add to the fuel before you can feel the difference?

Originally posted by Fireblade@Nov 18 2005, 05:54 PM
I was told by a friend in the oil industry that the injector cleaners sold consists mainly of high quality kerosene. Imagine paying so much for such a chemical. I too have tried over the years various types of fuel treatment & injector cleaners - didnt feel much difference before & after. I did once clean the injectors in my previous Honda where they removed the injectors from the engine and put it in a machine which cleans by actuating the injector and flowing a chemical. You can actually see the dirt coming out. Result- smoother idling & same performance.
Fireblade, look like physical cleaning is more conviencing when you see the dirt coming out. How much did you pay for the cleaning and where?

Originally posted by OSFlanker@Nov 18 2005, 08:24 PM
Jarance, I could can feel some "power" increase after putting in the STP Fuel Injector Cleaner, particularly in my previous E34. The cheapest place is spare part shop in Jln Ipoh - RM14 per bottle. But if that's too far for you, Giant is the next cheapest at Rm18.90. I have bought them from Giant Klang before. Brother's is the most expensive at RM28!

However, you should pay a visit to autochild in Glenmarie. I went there today to do decarbonising and engine flush. Will do the injector cleaning next. A lot of dirt, grime, and sh1t gets clogged in the fuel and air intake systems!

Look for Brendan, a canadian with curly hair. the place is not the usual malaysian workshops. His workers actually cleans up everytime they spill some oil onto the floor. I like!

Could be a tad more expensive than other places but he gets the job done and he is willing to explain everything to you.

See www.autochild.com
OSF, thank for the info. I think I will pop over today to autochild to clean the injectors.

Looking at their webpage, they are charging about RM50 per injectors.

That mean about RM200 for a 4 pots. or 10 treatments if we decide to go for the STP treatment...

thanks for the info... :eek:k:

Originally posted by Crymson@Nov 19 2005, 12:16 AM
What about that place in Taman Mayang, near Sunny Car Care .... not mistaken Speed Metal? Read a review on the place when HyperTune project car (white E46) went there
how much for the service?

I bought the a fuel injector cleaner (can't remember the name) for RM13.50 at Brothers today (the branch near Giant superstore). There was an immediate improvement the car feels smoother and revs better. Maybe because it is long overdue for cleaning.

The best cleaning method is of course dismantling them and cleaning them outside the car. ( ultrasonic, etc )

The next alternative is to use a special rig to pressure cleaning them while car is running/idling....which I did at my mechanics. The system uses also their own cleaner and if I recall correctly - the brand of this cleaning system is called ProSpec...or something like that.

The compressed cleaner liquid is injected into your fuel rail using compressed air and the other can, into your fuel tank....so 2 cans is needed. Yes, the engine is revved when injection is done.

This beats those in-tank system you guys talk about ( my last alternative ) .....since the injectors are far away from your tank...with pumps, filter & lines in between. So u clean all this but the crap goes to your injectors!

Just my 2 kupangs and yes, it worked on mine....cost less RM100 per cleaning. ( they do it for more modern cars than mine too...)

Anyway went to autochild last Sat and ask for the injectors to be clean up.

Yup, it cost about RM50 for each injectors. Meet Brendan and he seem very helpful in all the query that you might have. The workshop area is ultra clean.

They took out the injectors and did about a few tests on the injectors.
1. Equalization Test
2. Flow Test
3. Spray test
4. Backflush
5. Autoclean

After they comfirm that the injectors are working fine, the soak to injectors in
some solvent and immersed it in the ultrasonic cleaner (did it on the front and rear side of the injector)

After that, saw some other cars did the decarbonizing. So gatal also try that coz it cost about RM89. The process involved spraying atomozing solvent into the throttle body when the engine is running. Saw alot of black smoke and white smoke came out from the exhaust. Most probably cause when the AFM is removed.

Total cost including Solvent and Service RM354.

Oh yes, the engine is smoother and pickup is better.

Basically, quite happy with the works.

Pro.
Clean workshop
Helpful and Professional service by Brendan
Have a lot of specialize equipment for various work. (coolant replacement, brake fluid, ATF replacement, injectors cleaning,air con etc)

Con.
Very Slow (was there at 12pm and left at 5 pm)
2 helpers only but look like still under training
pricey as compare to other workshop

BTW, saw some aftermarket air filter selling for RM180 (about double the normal price). it look like spoonge but is washable by water. I think the name is "crossplex" or something like that.. Does it work?

The most important thing is....any difference after the cleaning?

me oso gatal...haha :nyehehe:

Top Bottom