Fuel gun keep popping

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

felixtan

Club Guest
Hi sifu(s),I've tried different petrol station, but the fuel gun will surely pop up and stop... even my tank is empty or half empty. :stupid:Anyone experience this? Any solution for it?Thanks for your help!

Try to reduce the pressure by engaging the gun at the first stop (the slower one). If still cannot, then you will have to try inserting the gun at different depth. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. I did pull the gun in and out, and try different depth.. And also tried pumping at slowest speed, but still the same. Wondering whether its because the engine tempreture is high?? Cos my engine tempreture is always at 110'c.

felixtan;831753 said:
Thanks for your reply. I did pull the gun in and out, and try different depth.. And also tried pumping at slowest speed, but still the same. Wondering whether its because the engine tempreture is high?? Cos my engine tempreture is always at 110'c.

I have always this at specific pumps at specific stations. Other than that, it's fine.

wingzee;831822 said:
I have always this at specific pumps at specific stations. Other than that, it's fine.

Sometimes it is due to poor calibration by the petrol station. Besides, poor calibration of nozzle can sometimes result in overfilling where fuel overflow.

i still can't fix the problem... what i'm doing now is pulling the gun all the way to the outest, and pump at lowest speed.. haizzz... need quite some times to get full tank...

felixtan;836147 said:
i still can't fix the problem... what i'm doing now is pulling the gun all the way to the outest, and pump at lowest speed.. haizzz... need quite some times to get full tank...

I think it's better to send your car in to the workshop and get a technician to check it out.

Thanks for your reply,

I did send my car to the workshop last few days, as it's still under warranty. But according to the workshop, they said (yes, what they said) they've tried few times and they couldn't find the problem as what i did. They advise me to insert the gun deeper, I'll probably try again...

felixtan;836393 said:
Thanks for your reply,

I did send my car to the workshop last few days, as it's still under warranty. But according to the workshop, they said (yes, what they said) they've tried few times and they couldn't find the problem as what i did. They advise me to insert the gun deeper, I'll probably try again...

Get them to go refill together with you. Show them how it happens.

Top Bottom