Front left wheel vibration

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Colls

Hello Folks. My 325 LCI front left wheel vibrates vigorously at times. Normally when you are slowing down (at any speed). Absorbers are new (just changed March 2020), tires quite new (changed in Dec 2019), sent for balancing/alignment a few months ago. Anyone ever encountered similar issue?

Probable cause:
1. bent rims
2. uneven tires (this caused slight vibration on my steering at certain speed (between 80-100kmh)

Checked out the tire just now: aligned, balanced and swapped with the right hand side. Problem still persisted (vibration on the left front side, even after swapping). Technician said the dents are negligible on both rims. Safe to say it is neither the rims nor tires which are problematic.

Hello Folks. My 325 LCI front left wheel vibrates vigorously at times. Normally when you are slowing down (at any speed). Absorbers are new (just changed March 2020), tires quite new (changed in Dec 2019), sent for balancing/alignment a few months ago. Anyone ever encountered similar issue?

if it is vibrating when you are braking '(u mentioned slowing down') i would check the brake components eg. the rotor).

if it is vibrating when you are braking '(u mentioned slowing down') i would check the brake components eg. the rotor).
Didn't brake, just released the gas pedal. No issues on braking, can say it brakes smoothly: No vibration or swaying. Brake disks replaced about 3 years ago, no hard braking all these while. The car is essentially a weekend car. Thanks for the suggestion.

Try check your absorber link/front stabilizer bar link, if one side is off, u need to replace both sides..
Sent for checking a few months ago and one of the link has "deteriorated" (no damage) and was replaced. Issue still persists. Appreciate the comments though. That was my first suspect actually

Top Bottom