Found E36 Manul Gearbox

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

shyang_my

Club Guest
hi all, i am planning to do a conversion from Auto to Manual. My UDM is a E36 325 with 4 speed auto. I found 1 Manual Gearbox at RM2800. The Chopshop said, full set..... can anyone tell me that wat is the full set he mean ? does it cheap or expensive ? anyone here done this conversion before ? please share your opinion here, thank you !

full set means longshaft, centre bearing, axle, gear shift, pedals, pressure plate, clutch disc, clutch pump, slave pump, gear stick, gear gaiter, gear knob, clutch fuild, hoses..

can somebody add if i left out any thing else..

Originally posted by wkwoo69@May 11 2005, 01:29 AM
ECU needed or not? BTW bro pussy, long time no see - you going bbq ke?
no ECU required.... :) and F...cheap!!

Originally posted by shyang_my@May 11 2005, 01:07 PM
hi all,

i am planning to do a conversion from Auto to Manual. My UDM is a E36 325 with 4 speed auto. I found 1 Manual Gearbox at RM2800. The Chopshop said, full set..... can anyone tell me that wat is the full set he mean ? does it cheap or expensive ? anyone here done this conversion before ? please share your opinion here, thank you !
yo bro...i'm planning a project currently! just gotten a gearbox also..:).. lets keep each other updated, boleh? share info lah!

by the way, chop shop u visit got another set of pedal assembly and shifters or not?..hahhah..still sourcing!..or pm me..:)

cheers manual brudder...

michael

My friend bought a half cut (important...I beleive is from taiwan).... cost him RM8K++. super duper.....Cheap !!!!!!! come with long shalf but no axile.

i think must be some related to chop shop boss......haha.....

Originally posted by shyang_my@May 11 2005, 01:07 PM
hi all,

i am planning to do a conversion from Auto to Manual. My UDM is a E36 325 with 4 speed auto. I found 1 Manual Gearbox at RM2800. The Chopshop said, full set..... can anyone tell me that wat is the full set he mean ? does it cheap or expensive ? anyone here done this conversion before ? please share your opinion here, thank you !
Good Price !!!

Originally posted by pussy@May 11 2005, 01:26 PM
full set means longshaft, centre bearing, axle, gear shift, pedals, pressure plate, clutch disc, clutch pump, slave pump, gear stick, gear gaiter, gear knob, clutch fuild, hoses..

can somebody add if i left out any thing else..

gearshift assembly linkage and gearbox mounting plate and gearbox rubber mountings and...... :(

hahha//maybe ww should consolidate this into a TRANNY SWAP thread!!..so in future can use as reference for potential projects for other brudders!!

As the cars age and get cheaper, manual conversions will soon be more popular and hopefully cheaper! Yay!

i'm on the final leg of my conversion from auto to manual.
A few things you want to take note.

1. MAKE SURE you have the CORRECT long shaft!!!!!! I cannot emphasise this enough.....Get it balanced as well.

2. make sure the rear diff is at least 3.15. U can opt for 2.93 as well if you want. However, this will give you less torque.

3. There are actually 2 types of gear box for the 325 manual . One of them is the same as the one used on the 328 manual. The 328 uses a 2.93 diff where as the 325 uses 3.15.

4.The 2 gearboxes i mentioned in point 2 also uses different clutches. Dont skimp on this item if u find that the clutch that comes with the box is not in good condition. No point taking the gearbox apart to change the clutch 2 months down the road when you find it slipping.

5. There is a clutch return spring that the chop shop might not provide as it's very hard to come by. Unless of course you managed to get a half cut. You might need your mechanic to specially order it for you. Get your chop shop to absorb the cost :)

These are what i can think of. Anybody care to add on.

Please take note that all info I provide are through experience :) Dont hold me responsible ya......

All the best to everyone!!!!

Originally posted by wkwoo69@May 11 2005, 08:18 PM
As the cars age and get cheaper, manual conversions will soon be more popular and hopefully cheaper! Yay!
Erhhh, with limited supply and greater demand, the price might just go up....

Top Bottom