First thing when get e46 325

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

beemercsc

Club Guest
dear beemer sifus,afetr a long long search i manage to find one baby e46 325 2001. going to pay the downpayment todayand will get the car soon.Just want to check with all the sifus and gurus, what is the things i need to check and replace to make the car in good condition. the cars interior is very good maintained but the paint look abit dull. need to do polish job. can any body suggest a good shop in penang or kedah. And i saw oil leakage from head gasket. The foreman suggest to change the gasket as well. Please advice. your advice is apreciated. TQ

Hi beemercsc!

I just got my 2001 E46 325 too. So far spent about RM4K getting it back into shape. I would suggest you change all those normal wear and tear parts if you don't know the previous service history. Even if you do, you might still want to change just for peace of mind. I changed engine oil, gearbox oil, spark plugs, etc..

Also couldn't resist and changed into angel-eyes as well :D

I probably got it at a higher price, but didn't bother to bargain. RM1000 for the whole set, which includes the angel-eyes and white light (8000K) conversion kit. Installation included.

Guess that would be part of my education as a newbie bimmer owner. Have to make a few "Damn! I paid too high!" mistakes before I find the ideal prices :)

beemercsc;233332 said:
dear beemer sifus,

afetr a long long search i manage to find one baby e46 325 2001. going to pay the downpayment todayand will get the car soon.

Just want to check with all the sifus and gurus, what is the things i need to check and replace to make the car in good condition. the cars interior is very good maintained but the paint look abit dull. need to do polish job. can any body suggest a good shop in penang or kedah. And i saw oil leakage from head gasket. The foreman suggest to change the gasket as well.

Please advice. your advice is apreciated.
TQ

first thing to do is to change the radiator expansion tank and water pump..also check all hoses and especially the power steering hose connection..the hoses may look good but they must be changed according to mileage and service procedures..

regards

Good advice. That's because hoses deteriorate from inside out so you can't see damage until it's too late.

Beemercsc,
My 2 cents opinion. Good to run GT1 diagnostic. Look into vacuum hose and air hoses/valves to check wear and tear. Replace them if you want, cheap but worthwhile. Fuel filter, fuel regulator check are a must, other than normal consumables such as oil filter, air filter, spark plug, etc. Change them if you have to, negotiate with seller to include in the services.

Enjoy your UDM.

sangkuriang;233432 said:
Beemercsc,
My 2 cents opinion. Good to run GT1 diagnostic. Look into vacuum hose and air hoses/valves to check wear and tear. Replace them if you want, cheap but worthwhile. Fuel filter, fuel regulator check are a must, other than normal consumables such as oil filter, air filter, spark plug, etc. Change them if you have to, negotiate with seller to include in the services.

Enjoy your UDM.

thank guys, will take your advice....

btw the car is fully serviced by auto bavaria then it hava a full service record with ity
will go thru the service booklet and check for further action.

aganin thanks for the advice....

After all the wear & tear are done.. do remember to plan for a long drive to Singapore/ Penang.. you will enjoy the hard spend money driving the car...

The car love to be driven and it always put a big smile on you face!

Congrats on your new ride

BMW9700;233428 said:
first thing to do is to change the radiator expansion tank and water pump..also check all hoses and especially the power steering hose connection..the hoses may look good but they must be changed according to mileage and service procedures..

regards

Yes, good advice. Mine had some previous service record so those parts were already changed earlier. Didn't need to do it myself. And mechanic check confirmed still in good order.

Bottom-line, take it to a good mechanic and have him give the car a thorough check. Especially for key things like gearbox, lower arms and drive shafts. Even though service record is there, but you never know how the previous owner had treated the car.

By the way, what was the mileage?

aiseh.. very informative n gud infos shared here.. itchy hand oledy.. yet dunno 318 or 325 aiseh.. diff price rm30k... hmmm..

HaNz;233536 said:
aiseh.. very informative n gud infos shared here.. itchy hand oledy.. yet dunno 318 or 325 aiseh.. diff price rm30k... hmmm..

Only thing I can say is: if you test drive the 325, you will sure buy it! So if your budget doesn't allow, then don't test drive the 325. Otherwise you will be sorely tempted to break the bank. Not that the 318 is not a good car. Far from it, but the power on the 325 compared to the 318 absolutely corrupts! And just to prove my theory, I am now feeling a little down since I drove my pal's 330 the other day. Damn BMW! Why did they have to have such powerful addictive cars! :rolleyes:

If you have driven a 1.3 wira then compare it with a 2.0 Evo that the diff between 318 and 330 .........Sweet!

hi brothers,

already paid the deposit. sign the aggrement for the car might get the car in few days......

i did bring my trusted mechanic to inspect. he said major parts and under carriage all ok

it seems he also intrested i that car... if i say no may be he willl take the car ,,,,

need to do some body touch up...

the milage is around 140 k

hope enjoy the ride when got the car.....

thak you fo r you guys....

will go deeper in custamize it

alxy... the prob is i drove n tested both..hehehe.. 330 sumore? aiseh..

but the 325 really kicks so diff compared with E240 (power:weight ratio sumore)

beemercsc;233582 said:
hi brothers,

already paid the deposit. sign the aggrement for the car might get the car in few days......

i did bring my trusted mechanic to inspect. he said major parts and under carriage all ok

it seems he also intrested i that car... if i say no may be he willl take the car ,,,,

need to do some body touch up...

the milage is around 140 k

hope enjoy the ride when got the car.....

thak you fo r you guys....

will go deeper in custamize it

Mileage is a bit high. You might want to really check out the gearbox. Though I wouldn't let that concern you too much. As someone in this forum once said, a well maintained high mileage car is better than a poorly maintained low mileage one.

Enjoy your ride man! I know I am! :cool:

HaNz;233593 said:
alxy... the prob is i drove n tested both..hehehe.. 330 sumore? aiseh..

but the 325 really kicks so diff compared with E240 (power:weight ratio sumore)

Then you know the answer to your own question already bro... power issues aside, the sound that the straight six makes is also so different than the 4-pot sound. Anyway, whichever you choose, it's still a bimmer. And that's the whole point of it all. Enjoy bro! Let us know your experiences when you get your ride :rock:

thanks again bro....

your info really help me to understand more about the car...

the test drive of the car is killing man......

stil can feel the power....

will share the experience when goty the car.....

tq

beemercsc;233634 said:
thanks again bro....

your info really help me to understand more about the car...

the test drive of the car is killing man......

stil can feel the power....

will share the experience when goty the car.....

tq

Not just the power man.... the handling is fairly superb too. Haven't had the car that long enough, but have had a few chances to really drive a bit hard already (don't dare full hard yet. First, I don't know car well enough and second: scared parts might conk! :eek:).

Coming from a 2005 Accord, the difference is very striking! I reached my own limits before the car's! Car was composed to whatever I could throw at it. Looks like I have to adjust my limit threshold. Might be a problem whenever I drive back the Accord though... would expect it to do things it can't now! :rolleyes:

yeah alxy i really agree withyou the look it self got umhhhh

and the interior no need to tell lah

curently having storm auto sure will feel the different

the torque must be something worth to test......

very eager to get the car....

finance clear ........ approved...

the car is deep in my eyes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Top Bottom