Find and install engine

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

amuhamad

Club Guest
Hi Guys, I'm new comer in the club, would like to find 3.0L engine to replace 2.0L engine for E34. Need your advise.1) What is the cost ?2) How to get it ?3) How long to install and where is the good workshop ? Have a good day, Regards.

1) 15K
2) source through workshop or by yourself in chop shops
3) depends on workshop availability ...

As for good workshop ya need to scout around ..aplenty around and depends on how how ya wanting to spend too ..

ICEMAN 13;766707 said:
1) 15K
2) source through workshop or by yourself in chop shops
3) depends on workshop availability ...

As for good workshop ya need to scout around ..aplenty around and depends on how how ya wanting to spend too ..

Thanks a lot Iceman 13 ,
I guess you had a lot of experiences and friends, could you please recommend me one of the workshop around KL, means you happy with his workmanship and the cost is reasonable.

what is your definition of good performance? most cost effective will be installing stock-turbocharged non-BMW engines.

mizhan;766720 said:
what is your definition of good performance? most cost effective will be installing stock-turbocharged non-BMW engines.

Dear Mizhan, What I'm expected is the power output resulted from the engine, no matter what I need my car is going more faster..hehe. But I'm not interested tu use Non-BMW to replace existing engine. Can we install turbocharged to BMW engine ? Thanks.

good. stick to BMW engines. cheapest upgrade will be to look for an E32 740il that hasn't been driven for years due to exorbitant roadtax. offer owner no more than 5k for it if engine can still start and has minimal leaks. drive both your E34 and E32 to a decent mechanic, then pay the fellow 3k to make the transplant. don't ask me about JPJ or puspakom in this open forum :tongue:

if you're filthy rich and wish to dabble with aftermarket forced induction, place a white blm saga infront of ramsing.. set it on fire as your pledge of allegiance.

amuhamad;766702 said:
Hi Guys,
I'm new comer in the club, would like to find 3.0L engine to replace 2.0L engine for E34. Need your advise.
1) What is the cost ?
2) How to get it ?
3) How long to install and where is the good workshop ?

Have a good day, Regards.

Bro, in the first place are you going to register it after changing your engine. If you are, than you are in for trouble as Puspakom will not approved it. You can only increase power to a car not more than 25% of the present cc. Therefore if yours is at 2000 cc at the moment, the maximum you can do it would be a 2.5 litre BMW engine. that too you will have to write in to JPJ for approval.
Now if you are NOT intending to do all of the above but just keen on getting a bigger cc, than be prepared to face the full law when you do get into trouble in the near future. As for a good mechanic, who does well in conversion, i would recommend Blue Green Motor Werks, based of the federal highway after the Sunway double bridge heading towards Subang on your right hand side of the federal highway.
I have done my conversion there and i am satisfied with their werks. :cheers:

smike;766804 said:
Bro, in the first place are you going to register it after changing your engine. If you are, than you are in for trouble as Puspakom will not approved it. You can only increase power to a car not more than 25% of the present cc. Therefore if yours is at 2000 cc at the moment, the maximum you can do it would be a 2.5 litre BMW engine. that too you will have to write in to JPJ for approval.
Now if you are NOT intending to do all of the above but just keen on getting a bigger cc, than be prepared to face the full law when you do get into trouble in the near future. As for a good mechanic, who does well in conversion, i would recommend Blue Green Motor Werks, based of the federal highway after the Sunway double bridge heading towards Subang on your right hand side of the federal highway.
I have done my conversion there and i am satisfied with their werks. :cheers:

Thanks a lot Smike for your advised, agreed with you I don't want to be in trouble later. Anyway I just surfing bluegreen Motor werks, looked good and very interested.

Well what have been written in black and white and what can be done by runners and correct people can be very different. Seen many 2.8 converted ro 4.4 and registered. There are ways around it.

mizhan;766774 said:
good. stick to BMW engines. cheapest upgrade will be to look for an E32 740il that hasn't been driven for years due to exorbitant roadtax. offer owner no more than 5k for it if engine can still start and has minimal leaks. drive both your E34 and E32 to a decent mechanic, then pay the fellow 3k to make the transplant. don't ask me about JPJ or puspakom in this open forum :tongue:

if you're filthy rich and wish to dabble with aftermarket forced induction, place a white blm saga infront of ramsing.. set it on fire as your pledge of allegiance.

Very good ideas mizhan, but as a smike's advised below, we can only increase the CC of the engine not more than 25% of the present CC. Now "mimpi tinggal mimpi". except illegal way with our own responsibilities and risk..haha.

my ex-E34 was a 2 litre converted (initally) to 3 litres. no registration issues, all above board.

haywire;766856 said:
Well what have been written in black and white and what can be done by runners and correct people can be very different. Seen many 2.8 converted ro 4.4 and registered. There are ways around it.

Good news, hopefully I'll met the right person and workshop to manage it. anyone can assist me?

mizhan;766976 said:
my ex-E34 was a 2 litre converted (initally) to 3 litres. no registration issues, all above board.

Wow, you know better and had been experienced. I would like to know further. could you ?

many ppl always ask aplenty of Q's and i think before we go further what the $$$$ budget and how deep are you willing to let ya wallet do the talking ?

some talk big, but only have small wallet and vice versa .

before even ya worried about the authorities etc etc ..better do ya homework of what sort of 3L that's available are those doable in ya ride etc etc ...

wanting to play maual or auto etc etc

ICEMAN 13;767030 said:
many ppl always ask aplenty of Q's and i think before we go further what the $$$$ budget and how deep are you willing to let ya wallet do the talking ?

some talk big, but only have small wallet and vice versa .

before even ya worried about the authorities etc etc ..better do ya homework of what sort of 3L that's available are those doable in ya ride etc etc ...

wanting to play maual or auto etc etc

Haha..you are definitely right man..no money no talk or no money no honey.. for that reason I'm still being in Indonesia for " gold digging"..hehe..just joke bro..:eek: I like Auto actually..

Top Bottom