Finally going for 525d ! Any maintainace advice?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

billyngcam

Club Guest
Hi all the Sifus here,After 1 month of painful ding-dong process, finally made up my mind going for a 2006 E60 525d:rock:Need some advice from all the Masters here: - other than normal servicing and ahead of service schedule changing the diesel filter, any other special care that I should be taking in view of the poor diesel quality in Malaysia? - do I need to use any injector cleaner? any brand to recommend? how often you use it?Thanks in advance for all the advise :top::top::1:

according to E60 owner list here, netracer and r37720 own 530d.

Can both of you Masters advise me how to take good care of BMW diesel car?:hello:

Dan08;426081 said:
billy,

Care to share how much u got it and where???

Thanks

:)

I got it from AB Glenmarie :wink:

Below is the actual car that I'll be getting.
3585041696_0fb22ff59c.jpg

billyngcam;426135 said:
I got it from AB Glenmarie :wink:

Below is the actual car that I'll be getting.

download

hi billy...did u buy it from the sales person named Chow? I was there testing the 545i last Friday, u were with your fren right?
icon10.gif

t2ribena;426212 said:
hi billy...did u buy it from the sales person named Chow? I was there testing the 545i last Friday, u were with your fren right?
icon10.gif

ya!
but i left when my friend testing the 545i. should have tested it!
A real beast! if the road tax was not Rm 8k , my friend would have confirm it.
With just 5k km, this 545i is a steal for Rm 288k !
so, did u confirm your purchase ?
:top:

billyngcam;426217 said:
ya!
but i left when my friend testing the 545i. should have tested it!
A real beast! if the road tax was not Rm 8k , my friend would have confirm it.
With just 5k km, this 545i is a steal for Rm 288k !
so, did u confirm your purchase ?
:top:

still considering...road tax is ok considering the power...hehehe

the only turn off is that the car is produced in year 2004 based on VIN code but AB registered the car as year 2005 production. This pre Sept 2005 car uses the first generation hardware of e60 model...very troublesome for some modification like Navi Pro, Paddle Shifts...

if it is post Sept 05 car i confirm right afta i test drove it liau...
icon10.gif
the power is simply awesome and easier to live with when u compare to M5...

t2ribena;426225 said:
still considering...road tax is ok considering the power...hehehe

the only turn off is that the car is produced in year 2004 based on VIN code but AB registered the car as year 2005 production. This pre Sept 2005 car uses the first generation hardware of e60 model...very troublesome for some modification like Navi Pro, Paddle Shifts...

if it is post Sept 05 car i confirm right afta i test drove it liau...
icon10.gif
the power is simply awesome and easier to live with when u compare to M5...

wow, u r really a sifu to me!
by the way, how to check the VIN code?
how about Navi Pro? have to modify in AB or can do it outside?

t2ribena... it's a joy DIY-ing your own car mar... you are our master DIY sifu... :D

billyngcam - wait until September and the Euro 2 grade diesel will make its way into MAlaysian shore... :top:

thule;426282 said:
t2ribena... it's a joy DIY-ing your own car mar... you are our master DIY sifu... :D

billyngcam - wait until September and the Euro 2 grade diesel will make its way into MAlaysian shore... :top:
Yup, I can't wait for September!
Hopefully by then, Malaysian people can accept BMW diesel car better

:smokin:

hei thule im no sifu la...just like you guys nia...

dun la go tell everyone i am DIY sifu...

OK... shhhh.... I won't go around and promote you as DIY sifu ok?? :D

t2ribena Sifu :love:

how to read the year made in VIN huh?

my 525d don't know can upgrade the Navi pro or not?

how much to upgrade to Navi Pro?

hehehe Sifu, lots of questions for you huh...

unless you answer my questions, or else, I'll keep calling you DIY Sifu:rock::rock:

billyngcam;426670 said:
t2ribena Sifu :love:

how to read the year made in VIN huh?

my 525d don't know can upgrade the Navi pro or not?

how much to upgrade to Navi Pro?

hehehe Sifu, lots of questions for you huh...

unless you answer my questions, or else, I'll keep calling you DIY Sifu:rock::rock:

haha another joker...

take the last 7 alphanumeric character from the car VIN and go here www.realoem.com and enter the VIN code, then see the type and year made. If not PM me ur VIN number and i check for u...

the Nav Pro retrofit is possible just that you need to check if your car pre or post sept 2005 production car...coz the parts is diff and configuration also slightly diff...

ok answer liau...so stop calling me sifu

t2ribena;426674 said:
haha another joker...

take the last 7 alphanumeric character from the car VIN and go here www.realoem.com and enter the VIN code, then see the type and year made. If not PM me ur VIN number and i check for u...

the Nav Pro retrofit is possible just that you need to check if your car pre or post sept 2005 production car...coz the parts is diff and configuration also slightly diff...

ok answer liau...so stop calling me sifu

errrr, ok,
I won't call you DIY Sifu,

But, I still have to call you Sifu lah:driver:

billy...i heard u havent collect ur car...today i saw another dark blue 525d at glenmarie...nice car and sold liau...

today i finally decided on the 545i but unfortunately sold also...damn
icon9.gif

aiseh... miss the opportunity to own a V8 rocket tim... otherwise I will ask you out for TT :D

t2ribena;429457 said:
billy...i heard u havent collect ur car...today i saw another dark blue 525d at glenmarie...nice car and sold liau...

today i finally decided on the 545i but unfortunately sold also...damn
icon9.gif

Ya loh...
The day after I put down my deposit, I had to fly off to Cambodia....

Just came back last weekend.... but, immediately the next day, I have to go off to Penang for family holiday:rolleyes:

Really miss my 525d lah...

Hopefully by next Wednesday, I can get my car ...:love:

By the way, what's the year made of the dark blue 525d? Mileage? Price? I love dark blue...but too bad when I booked mine, no dark blue available..

And really too bad the 545i was sold! Chow said it was sold the following Sunday after your test drive:104:

billyngcam;429600 said:
Ya loh...
The day after I put down my deposit, I had to fly off to Cambodia....

Just came back last weekend.... but, immediately the next day, I have to go off to Penang for family holiday:rolleyes:

Really miss my 525d lah...

Hopefully by next Wednesday, I can get my car ...:love:

By the way, what's the year made of the dark blue 525d? Mileage? Price? I love dark blue...but too bad when I booked mine, no dark blue available..

And really too bad the 545i was sold! Chow said it was sold the following Sunday after your test drive:104:

Billy, they do not have inventory for 530d?

Well the car maintenance is quite simple. I never put any injector cleaner into my fuel tank. One thing you have to be very carefull is ont the air filter. If block then the Air mass will miss read and you start to get the black smoke.

The high pressure fuel pump also is another easily brake down items.

Top Bottom