Feedback - Frameless Wiper Blades

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

saat

Club Guest
My E90 is fitted with frameless OEM wiper blades (I think by Bosch). I am very impressed with their performance and looks. The pressure applied on the windscreen is even and water wipe-off are very good. They are very quiet. The frameless design makes them look less bulky that the normal ones. The spoiler is integrated the full length of the blade. Now that the rains are here, I am thinking of changing to these on all my cars. Anyone tried these on other cars. Is there any for E46 and Mini. Any feedback is welcomed. I saw some copies (China-made) for RM40-50/piece. Anyone know where I can get the Bosch Icon/Evo or Rain-X or Michelin Pylons ones in KL/PJ

Saat,

I got the original Bosch Aero wipers (similar to the E90) for my E36 and they work faultlessly. A pair is less than RM100.

Highly recommended!

Cheers

Did sumore research. In the US the frameless ones are called Icon or Evolution but in UK and Malaysia they called Aerotwin. The Icon has a more pronouced spoiler whilst the Evolution has a more generic spoiler design that works both ways..

ALBundy;412266 said:
Saat,

I got the original Bosch Aero wipers (similar to the E90) for my E36 and they work faultlessly. A pair is less than RM100.

Highly recommended!

Cheers

Anyone knows where [in Ampang perhaps?] I can get my hands on a pair for my E46, and the price [estimates would be fine]? Thanks...

bc, the spare parts shop near ampang point might have it. They do carry a bit of Bosch stuff. Price donno.

Guys! be very careful when u replace your wiper blade, I had a bad RM1,200 experience. Leaving the wiper "tongkat" standing with blades removed. The E36 left "tongkat" doesn't stand very well, it snaps back and "ketuk" onto the windshield.. the rest is history!

affan66;412305 said:
bc, the spare parts shop near ampang point might have it. They do carry a bit of Bosch stuff. Price donno.

Thanks bro.... Been there, but they do not have the Bosch Icon/Evo :(

Anyone?

ano;412314 said:
guys, need info here..can this wiper fit on e34?

From what I read, the wiper is a direct replacement of your regular existing wiper blades of the same blade length. So I dont see why it should not fit.

The best is to try it on the car. Problem is that they come in those bubble packs that has to be cut to get at the wiper. Not sure if the shop would want to open it for trial.

How long do these blades last anyways?

Would anyone who has had them for a long time care to provide some feedback on the durability and effectiveness as it ages?

Are these Frameless Blades made of Silicone or Rubber?
I have Duraedge Silicone on my car and it works perfectly, damn clean but a bit noisy if the windscreen is dry.

Advise to stick to natural rubber.

Silicon do last longer than natural rubber. I have use silicon on my E36 but actually end up with minute scratch on the windscreen when the wipers are coated with dust. It act like a sandpaper.

jarance;412373 said:
Advise to stick to natural rubber.

Silicon do last longer than natural rubber. I have use silicon on my E36 but actually end up with minute scratch on the windscreen when the wipers are coated with dust. It act like a sandpaper.

Duraedge guarantees it wont scratch . If it does, they'll repair your windscreen . Furthermore it has warranty ... I have not found another wiper with even a week warranty.. I have duraedge on all my cars .. some are more than 3 years already with no degradation of performance.. very clean..after a few wipes ,the screen becomes like it has rain repellent a bit.....take that for value for money huh...

nazrie;412403 said:
Duraedge guarantees it wont scratch . If it does, they'll repair your windscreen . Furthermore it has warranty ... I have not found another wiper with even a week warranty.. I have duraedge on all my cars .. some are more than 3 years already with no degradation of performance.. very clean..after a few wipes ,the screen becomes like it has rain repellent a bit.....take that for value for money huh...

Have to agree with you that they do not scratch. But I think the scratch on the screen is due to the dust or sand accumulate on the wiper when it is dry. Usually, we use the wiper when it rain. The dust will be carried over with the first few wipes. This will scratch the windscreen.

Anyway, you cant see the scratch but at night it a different story all together.

see pic below for the polarise effect.
glare.jpg

Researched again. Bosch Aerotwin/Icons are made of full rubber and not silicone. There is a propietary formulation which they called FX dual rubber technology which extends blade life and yet reduce chatter.

I am so gonna get them for my other cars.

The ones fitted on my E90 - after 9 months as good as new. I usually change them after not more than 2 years anyways.

jarance;412415 said:
Have to agree with you that the do not scratch. But I think the scratch on the screen is due to the dust or sand accumulate on the wiper when it is dry. Usually, we use the wiper when it rain. The dust will be carried over with the first few wipes. This will scratch the windscreen.

Anyway, you can see the scratch but at night it a different story all together.

see pic below for the polarise effect.
glare.jpg

Jarance, how long have you had this windscreen on your car? I have this problem too but my windscreen has been on the car for 15 years. So its mainly due to the years of wiper blade movement that has caused it to become like this - not due to silicon or rubber blades. Only solution is windscreen replacement, and a set of new wipers as well.

Fireblade;412419 said:
Jarance, how long have you had this windscreen on your car? I have this problem too but my windscreen has been on the car for 15 years. So its mainly due to the years of wiper blade movement that has caused it to become like this - not due to silicon or rubber blades. Only solution is windscreen replacement, and a set of new wipers as well.

Since new.. from 1994. so 15 years. Most probably you are right. Silicon wiper may or may not caused the problem but I somehow noticed the polarize effect after :-

1. 2 years using silicon wipers and
2. clean the windscreen with stain cleaner.

nazrie;412403 said:

But Duratec is the normal framed design.

ano;412314 said:
guys, need info here..can this wiper fit on e34?

The last time I checked about 6 months ago it is not available for E34 as the driver side wiper attachment is upside down. Don't know whether it is available now or not.

ALBundy;412266 said:
Saat,

Highly recommended!

Cheers

Bro,

Since no one posted where these can be found and there are several perosns asking, would you like to tell us where you got yours.

thanks

Top Bottom