External smell getting into cabin

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
140.jpg

this is sample photo..is it what u meant i need to close the entire hole at the back of the aircond vent??

ELnino;598189 said:
this is sample photo..is it what u meant i need to close the entire hole at the back of the aircond vent??

No, not here! It's located in the engine compartment. These flippers are located behind the micro-filters housing (Right & Left). Remove the housing and seal-up the air vents with a sponge.

ohhh...there...that's meant less air will come into the car...why kind of foam? any sample or photos?

ELnino;598236 said:
ohhh...there...that's meant less air will come into the car...why kind of foam? any sample or photos?

Just cut a piece of oval-shape foam to cover the inlet of the housing as indicted in Jarance's post above, item 7.
To cut all the hassle, I suggest you just drop by Naidu (behind Shell, Jalan Gasing) to get it done, maybe for RM 50 or less?

oohhh..u meant close in between no 7 and and micro filter casing...ok ok...

ok guys..this is what i've done...

2011-01-15111125.jpg

2011-01-15172708.jpg

my concern is..... is there any effect to our a/c system? since we block the air from coming in....
and...i heard some wistling sound when using the aircond...when i rev...the whistling sound become louder...

this is another thing i was diy

2011-01-15105043.jpg

2011-01-15102252.jpg

2011-01-15102252.jpg

yes bro it is this foam that you need to renew and not the additional foam in the first pic.plse remove that foam as you are blocking the airflow to the cabin when the a/c is in vent mode(not at recirc mode).also from this pic,the 3 locking tang looks broken which explains why you are most likely to still smell external foul air as the assembly will not be snug when fitted.

:rock:but....from what german stated in here...he said that naidu permanently close the air vent.....ermmm...hope german would clarify it here...

ELnino;598877 said:
:rock:but....from what german stated in here...he said that naidu permanently close the air vent.....ermmm...hope german would clarify it here...
Elnino,
You are spot on. Looks like you did a great job. You should set the air-cond's air flow button to Recirculated-air mode.

Recirculated-air mode (button without the A symbol)
You can respond to unpleasant odors in the surrounding environment by using this mode to temporarily suspend the flow of outside air into the vehicle's interior. The system then recirculates the air currently within the vehicle

When this happens, the flippers located at the other end of the housing above will close. But due to the wear & tear and aged of the motor, many times these flippers did not close completely thus allowing the external air creeps into the cabin. Naidu will manually close it or seal it for life. Malaysia Boleh thingy!
Not sure of the whistling sound which could be caused by the blower? Why not, drop by Naidu's and solve all these headaches once and for all?

Good luck, bro

h guys... so, el nino.. does this resolves ur problem?? how about the noise u mentioned???
knw its been a year since the last update.. juz wanted to knw the outcome... will try this tomorrow

Top Bottom