Expat needs to learn insurance do's and don'ts

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sampharo

Club Guest
Hi guys,New to KL, long-time BMW owner and driver, from the classic 320 (1986) to the biggest joy Alpina B10 5 series (2003).I need to know the insurance in's and outs here in Malaysia, because I guess they will be different than Dubai:1- Are we allowed to choose any garages to fix our beloved fine-tuned machines or are the insurance companies free to force on us whatever scrap-yard makes the cheapest offer in the World?2- Are there premium services and extras that we can choose like replacement vehicle, express fixing, etc.?3- How low do insurance companies here get when dodging claims? Which are better than others?Thanks guys for any input.Sam

1- Are we allowed to choose any garages to fix our beloved fine-tuned machines or are the insurance companies free to force on us whatever scrap-yard makes the cheapest offer in the World?
Normally, most insurance company have a list of approved panel which they prefer you to use. It is not a must but it will help you expedited your claim faster should the need arises one day.

2- Are there premium services and extras that we can choose like replacement vehicle, express fixing, etc.?
There are no such things as express fixing. All insurance are the same. The premium are the same and are based on the value of the market rate of the car. If you buy a UDM from BMW authorised dealer, they might give you a replacement car when your car is in their shop but then again this is very subjective. It who you know in the industry. LOL

3- How low do insurance companies here get when dodging claims? Which are better than others?
Try Kurnia.. I am using them for 3 cars. Claim not so slow. About 1 week for minor claim and about 1 month for major claim.

Top Bottom