EXHAUST REPACKING

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
guys once u repacked ur exhaust.... will u experience the unstable RPM whenever u start ur car (with cold engine)???????? i experience that, my engine can even die off when i start my engine cold... need to press some petrol to maintain for some 10 seconds, then it becomes stable.... what happend???!!!

totally agree... jaafar is the man... three28, make sure belanja me with the comm u are goin to make wit the extra customers... cheers...

Originally posted by macgy@Dec 15 2004, 04:51 AM three28,can reveal the location ah?
macgy,PM ur hp to three28, he will surely lead u there..... :D

Originally posted by three28@Dec 15 2004, 09:44 AM Hehhehehe...guys no worries ...i will talk to jaafar....cheers :D
Yaaaayyyyyyyy!Boss....can u ask about E30 as well. Thanks dude.

Got bro three28 to layan his exhaust sound for me at the KS drive. Sweet......poison lagi....argh.....!

Plan to do something to my E34,520 exhaust system....any good suggestion????my purpose is to make the car more performing....

Did mine last 2 week...great touch by Jaafar. The sound just great, i am the happy man :D Jaafar easy to talk, just tell him what you want and he will do the rest.Thanks to Three2 for bring me there...he he macha your DTM tips can not fit my car la..too big. :p

Any of E34 did their exhaust repacking? Any good suggestion?Three2 when u free to bring us there?

Originally posted by Lionel_Koh@Dec 29 2004, 01:00 AM
Any of E34 did their exhaust repacking? Any good suggestion?Three2 when u free to bring us there?
you can just go there on your own and haggle with him....
That's what I did.... Not that I was going to get massive discount if three28 is there...

Just go and check with the man, tok tok, build some rapport... then tok price... Don't go there and stick ur nose high up and u'll be fine...
same applies to wherever you go...

Saw a muffler repack at jaffa yesterday.. The original configuration is japanese spec. There is no s-configuration but more of cross over. here is a picture of the major surgery performed on the muffler.. ouch. :ph34r:

Initial test after the surgery. Sound almost like stock muffler. Did not get the "growl" as expected but mind you, the owner did want too loud a sound. he just requested for more power but not so much sound... Exhaust flow is increase but it is very subjective... Did a test drive but did not do the power test drive coz of traffic jam.. Overall impression - not much improvement... :eek:

cost of repack - less than RM400.. :huh:

ps.. jaffa mentioned that the sound will gradually increase in about 1 week after the fiber and steel wool is run in..

BTW for those who are interested to know about the s-flow configuration look like, here is a pict of it.

three28, can you please pm me jaafar's address and contact no. ? my rear box is pretty much internally corroded, been looking for a cost effective solution.

shlim
e36 325i

I had my supersprint repacked at Jaafar's about 6 months ago.
Paid RM 400 and was quite pleased with the sound - told him I do not want too loud.
But, my opinion is, they have lousy welding skills - looks very untidy. I think the welding for repacking is done elsewhere.
However, I don't think repacking last as 2 days ago, there was an enormous hole at the place where the pipe joins the box - the pipe has coroded where welding is carried out.
Went to a shop in Ipoh and paid RM 30 to cut the 4 inches out and then weld another piece on.
Was told that the box will only last for another 3 months as rust and corrosion can be seen at welding points.
Guess I have to start saving for a new supersprint.

Top Bottom