ex Port Klang Z4

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anxious

Club Guest
A friend of mine is thinking of getting a Z4. He was told that the car was a Oct 2006 Z4 but upon vewing the registration car it was actually a 2004 Z4. In 2006 AB was selling Z4 for RM388k. However this particular Z4 is probably one of those cars that got stuck in Port Klang. Thats why it was only sold in 2006. I was wondering whether anyone knows what those ex Port Klang cars sold for in 2006? A friend of mine said that it was something like RM270-280k, can anyone confirm. This information would be helpful to enable him to negotiate with the owner. Thanks.

anxious bro, look at it this way. Its going to be a 4 year old car. Be it parking at the port unused, or at the garage unused (like those ultra low mileage Jap recon).

When u want to make an offer for a used car, first look at its manufacturing year, then look at its mileage. It doesn't matter what time did the car leave the port, 04 or 06.

Say if the owner got it at RM100k in 2006, are u going to offer only RM90k and offering RM120k is unfair just because the owner make money? This is a free market with perfect knowledge circulation, so the price would not vary a lot for you to take advantage.. ;)

U may worry about parking at the port for long period, exposing to the ocean breeze would accelerate the oxidation of the metal parts and paint, that's all.

Do look out for sludge in the engine as I was told that batch of car have this problem but nothing u can't fix. Do an engine flush, kao tim!

I might be wrong but its just my 2 sen opinion.. ;)

Thks Astroboy. U see knowledge of the purchase price will help.

U see a 2006 Z4 costed RM388k.

A 2004/06 car may have been sold by AB for RM270-280k.(thats what I need to confirm)

If that is so my friend should be offering more than RM220k for this car. And RM60k depreciation would be a fair depreciation for the 1 year plus use.

U see I really want to see my friend get the car but I dont want him to be taken for a ride. U know when people are excited they get carried away.

Anyway anyone who heard of what AB was offering for these ex Port Klang stuck car pls share the info.

I do remember reading an AB ad in The Star some time back but I cat remember the price.

Interesting...

E90 was sold at RM270k back in 2005 but now only RM230k due to NAP... How come Z4 price up? Not affected by NAP ka.. and those 2005 E90 now selling RM170k (used), 60% value left.. :(

I don't think the owner is paying 2006 new price for a 2 year old car. Ur friend should look at 2004 new Z4 price... but still like buying gold now, u don't look at 2005 price la. Who want to sell to u?

Have to compare features with new car which is sold at RM388k. Very difficult to assess la... I know now why u ask that question..

Look at E60 la, I think about RM400k in 2004 (right?).. now? about RM200k no matter how mint the condition is.. Z4 has a smaller market, find the right buyer, then price can demand higher, or else its the buyer's market.. too bad for the seller! :(

RM200k is the most I will offer! :D RM160k would be attractive.. not easy to let go if u want to cash out... :(

hai anxious,
read about ur thread above.. do you really want to buy the z4 who has been parked at p.klang? forget abt the engine condition, just think of the damage on the roof top too, it could be leaking, or even becoem worn out.. then whats the point fo driving a z4 if cant get the roof to function properly?.. well, only my opinion..

however, check out my earlier thread that i posted abt one blackZ4 for sale with full hamman accesories, aking price is about your region too..

rgds

hai anxious,
read abt ur quest abt theZ4 at port klang.. apart from the engine, u need to lookalso at th roof top condition, whether it is leaking, or worn-out (faded).. then what;s the point of driving a z4 if the roof top cant function properly, neeway, just my opinion..

however, if u r looking for one, then check out my earlier thread about one black Z4 with fully modded hamman accesories on sale now.. asking price is almost like in your region too..

give me a reply bro.. thanks

note alamak sorry, double post, but content is the same tho..
what to expect, its 5 in the morning lor.. zzzzzzzzz......

naharnms, thks but its my friend whose looking at it. He asked what i thought of the pricing and i told him he would hv to find out what the previous owner paid for it in 2006 to AB ( car manufacturer in 2004).

My opinion is RM220k, any ideas.

Hi Mates,
Read The Ur Aboves, Just To Do Some Sharing Here,most Likely I'll Be Getting A 05' Jap Spec Z4, Just Saw It The Other Day, The Mate's Asking Rm220. If All's Fine And Dandy, I Might Get Her.

Hi sanjav...220k for a 05 model is quite a good deal..may i knw is 2.2 or 2.5?izit a recond or 2nd hand?...

hi jeffroom,i just saw the registration, the z4's dec 2004, so i squeeze the block at the dealers and his givin it 2me for 210 now,ooooh,by the way it's a jap recond and it's 2.5,mate.

hi fello z4 kakis. i am new here. Please tell me where to see more Z4 in Klang valley before i pick one.

Sanjay your deal looks very good any idea they have more then one over there?

Cheers.

eymc;285192 said:
hi fello z4 kakis. i am new here. Please tell me where to see more Z4 in Klang valley before i pick one.

Sanjay your deal looks very good any idea they have more then one over there?

Cheers.

i just bought it. i'll check with them,mate. and i'll let u know, soon.

nice.......congrats on your new toy!!! you can alternatively email me too at eymc@streamyx.com

Let me know what your findings are on your new toy i.e peformance , power , what else can we do to enhance the already great looking car!!! whats the size of your wheels?

Congrates sanjav...wat colour is ur z4???.....which dealer u bought ur car....B4 u take ur car ask them 2 do the allignment 4 u as well coz my lari alot wen i took my and i hv 2 pay 4 myself.....enjoy ur new rite bro!!

sanjay nv;285198 said:
i just bought it. i'll check with them,mate. and i'll let u know, soon.

Hi Bro Sanjay,

Congrats on your new buy!! Z4 is Superb choice! Hope you have found a new home for your E36 Coupe

Thanx

eymc;285220 said:
nice.......congrats on your new toy!!! you can alternatively email me too at eymc@streamyx.com

Let me know what your findings are on your new toy i.e peformance , power , what else can we do to enhance the already great looking car!!! whats the size of your wheels?

I DO MATE, WILL KEEP IN TOUCH.

Thanx

Jeffroom;285452 said:
Congrates sanjav...wat colour is ur z4???.....which dealer u bought ur car....B4 u take ur car ask them 2 do the allignment 4 u as well coz my lari alot wen i took my and i hv 2 pay 4 myself.....enjoy ur new rite bro!!

THANX JEFF,THE LADY'S THE SIGNATURE Z4 GREY,BUDDY.GOT HER FROM EUROMARQUE, I KNOW THE BLOCKS OVER THERE. YES MATE, TOLD THEM ALOT MORE THEN ALLIGMENT TO WORK ON.

WILL CATCHUP,MATE.THANX AGAIN.

geoffreylee;285593 said:
Hi Bro Sanjay,

Congrats on your new buy!! Z4 is Superb choice! Hope you have found a new home for your E36 Coupe

THANX GEOFFREY,MY LADY COUPE.....AAAH,MY LOVELY WIFE IS NOT TAKING IT WELL, I GUEST SHE TOO GOOD, TO EVEN THINK OF SELLING. SAD TO SEE HER GO, WHOEVER GETS HER, IS A FREAKIN LUCKY GUY.OOOH,NOT YET.

Top Bottom