Estima ACR30 cracked valve cover...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

JFT63

Hi fellow bros, i feel that i need to share this..I sent my Estima ACR30 to mechanic for a regular service and replacing my absorbers, mounting absorbers, bushes, engine mountings etc...Suddenly i realized that there was a hairline crack on my valve cover..The engine is 2AZ-FE, the same engine fitted in Camrys 2.4, Harriers, Alphards...Luckily, I managed to get a used unit from a chop shop which cost me RM250..sighh...nasib baik ada kt BP..So, has anyone out there experienced quite like this? Is this a common problem of this type of engine? Your feedback is highly appreciated....

Apiz;682388 said:
Relax unker

Hheheh...dah relax nih..i thought it was built to last longer than BMW V.C...Just nak share, noticed the slight oil leak around the VC..Inspected and found the mark,,No pic taken for sharing lah..Will try to snap it tomolow....

has you car got overheated bro? anyway there are x5s engine if you'd like for replacement hehe.. cabbbbbuuuuutttttzzzz

ezzo369;682392 said:
has you car got overheated bro? anyway there are x5s engine if you'd like for replacement hehe.. cabbbbbuuuuutttttzzzz

Nope, never overheated lar....so far so good but it got me surprised with the issue..dont cabuts ahhh

JFT63;682390 said:
Hheheh...dah relax nih..i thought it was built to last longer than BMW V.C...Just nak share, noticed the slight oil leak around the VC..Inspected and found the mark,,No pic taken for sharing lah..Will try to snap it tomolow....

huh....bmw vlv cover got crack meh....?

moots;682493 said:
huh....bmw vlv cover got crack meh....?

Ada bro moots...my friend's e39 528 VC cracked somewhere around slot for the ignition coils..i saw that one but since its made of non-metal thing, i wasnt that shocked lahh..The chopshop quoted rm500 for e39,but brand new VC for e39 is around 1.2k, quite the same price for ACR30 engine...

JFT63;682618 said:
Hehe..iM, if bmw got mpv, I will definitely buy one..

No worry bro..drive to kulim this dec and ask them to knock one lah haha... have u repaired it?

4541485690_b9efc06681.jpg

looks okay i guess cabutz!

Top Bottom