Esso and Mobil fuels

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

vladd_tappish

Club Guest
Hi guys. This is a real thing I experianced myself. I hope it helps you guys too. I am driving E46 318 2.0 now. Normally I fill my tank in Esso. Sometimes in Shell. This particular day I filled my tank in Shell. Everything was fine. The second day my car went jerking and the RPM was not stable. The car felt heavy and jerked while start moving. I thought it was my spark plugs or petrol filters or something. I had a slight thought that maybe its the fuel. I went to Petronas this time but the problem still didn't subside. I decided to try out BHP but it didnt solve my problem too. I thought it was not the fuel problem. Before going to a workshop I went back to Esso to fill up. What a suprise, the car became normal again! Does what fuel you use really makes a difference? Is Esso fuel is the best fuel for bimmers?

vladd_tappish;421439 said:
Hi guys. This is a real thing I experianced myself. I hope it helps you guys too. I am driving E46 318 2.0 now. Normally I fill my tank in Esso. Sometimes in Shell. This particular day I filled my tank in Shell. Everything was fine. The second day my car went jerking and the RPM was not stable. The car felt heavy and jerked while start moving. I thought it was my spark plugs or petrol filters or something. I had a slight thought that maybe its the fuel. I went to Petronas this time but the problem still didn't subside. I decided to try out BHP but it didnt solve my problem too. I thought it was not the fuel problem. Before going to a workshop I went back to Esso to fill up. What a suprise, the car became normal again! Does what fuel you use really makes a difference? Is Esso fuel is the best fuel for bimmers?

i doubt very much that the brand of fuel makes a difference.i personally have not encountered issues after having filled with different brands tho i normally stick wz petronal and sometimes shell and once in a very blue moon,esso.

maybe it's contaminated fuel (water) and it takes time to be purged from the fuel tank or lines.just my 2 sen maaaa.....

well maybe you your old ride is still hauting you .... wow tham already tukar e46 ka ?? congrats ...

I use Shell Super and Shell V-Power on my E39 M52B20, no issues. Sometimes Petronas... no issues also.

I suspect that the fuel from the shell station was contaminated wt water or owner mixed wt other substances.

It happened once on my friend that pumped fuel from a particular station and so happens that the fuel was contaminated with water from their main Tank underground. He had to empty out all the fuel in his tank, dry it and refuel wt petrol from another station.

Now, he made a formal complaint to that station and also to the pertol company. A prior investigation was made and test was done, sure enough, they found traces of water in the station tank. Apparently the tank had a hairline crack thus water from the ground managed to sip into the tank.

To cut the story short, my friend was compensated for the tank full and charges for the repairs. Case closed.

i second that, as that happen b4 to my father's mercedes W123, also Shell, atlast my father was compensated. Few years ago though....

jeffreyewe;421532 said:
I suspect that the fuel from the shell station was contaminated wt water or owner mixed wt other substances.

It happened once on my friend that pumped fuel from a particular station and so happens that the fuel was contaminated with water from their main Tank underground. He had to empty out all the fuel in his tank, dry it and refuel wt petrol from another station.

Now, he made a formal complaint to that station and also to the pertol company. A prior investigation was made and test was done, sure enough, they found traces of water in the station tank. Apparently the tank had a hairline crack thus water from the ground managed to sip into the tank.

To cut the story short, my friend was compensated for the tank full and charges for the repairs. Case closed.

Top Bottom