Error light

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

c-va6999

Club Guest
Dear sifu's,Need your advise over here regarding the error/warning light. All this happen when my left angel eye failed couple of weeks before. Went to a accessory shop in gombak and found that my inverter/ballast for the angel eye kaput. Change it and the angel eye is working fine. But the warning light inside pop's up and my left indicator light outside stays on as well. Attached is the picture of both. Can you please advise what went wrong and where can i fixed it. Kind of irritating when driving in the night when these lights on.thanks in advance....

it may cause from the ballast that u installed have different voltage rate(where in most case, lower rate, as LED takes lower voltage than filamen type bulb), which makes the system detect it as a blown up bulb and triggered the error code .. check back with the place where u change ur ballast..

The cause of the error is because of the new inverter (or ballast as some of you call it) that was installed.
it is NOT CAN-BUS friendly.

To resolve the issue, you need to do one of the followings:-
1. Put back the small pilot lamp located in the high beam side
2. Use a diagnostic too to disable the error and monitoring of the pilot lamp.
3. Add a resistor of about 470 ohms / 5 watt in place of the pilot lamp socket.

I will go for solution 2 as it the easiest but you need a diagnostic tool to do it.
buy me a drink and I will do it for you this coming Friday at the Official TT.

c-va6999;732653 said:
Dear sifu's,

Need your advise over here regarding the error/warning light. All this happen when my left angel eye failed couple of weeks before. Went to a accessory shop in gombak and found that my inverter/ballast for the angel eye kaput. Change it and the angel eye is working fine. But the warning light inside pop's up and my left indicator light outside stays on as well. Attached is the picture of both. Can you please advise what went wrong and where can i fixed it. Kind of irritating when driving in the night when these lights on.

thanks in advance....

DAYMNN....wat a co-incidence..juz had the exact issue as yours last nite bro C-Va6999..da same left side angel eyes too..with da same indication and da same signal light haywire..i was about to post da thread..thank god i saw yours..so i can tumpang now...with you permission pls..

jarance;732810 said:
The cause of the error is because of the new inverter (or ballast as some of you call it) that was installed.
it is NOT CAN-BUS friendly.

To resolve the issue, you need to do one of the followings:-
1. Put back the small pilot lamp located in the high beam side
2. Use a diagnostic too to disable the error and monitoring of the pilot lamp.
3. Add a resistor of about 470 ohms / 5 watt in place of the pilot lamp socket.

I will go for solution 2 as it the easiest but you need a diagnostic tool to do it.
buy me a drink and I will do it for you this coming Friday at the Official TT.

Sifu jarance..can i tumpang in..pls pls pls..but in my case, i juz had diz issue last nite...i havent do any replacement on the inverter yet..can can can?? i'll buy u a drink oso...:15:

attachment-1.jpg

Happen few time to me before, but mine case was none of any bulbs blows. So try to plug in the Scanner 1.4 to check and found nothing error code on this. Final solution was just use a srew driver ketuk-ketuk the bulb holder and the warning light at the meter goes off. In case any one of you happen as same my case, you may try it and it's works for me.

Alex5522;732854 said:
Happen few time to me before, but mine case was none of any bulbs blows. So try to plug in the Scanner 1.4 to check and found nothing error code on this. Final solution was just use a srew driver ketuk-ketuk the bulb holder and the warning light at the meter goes off. In case any one of you happen as same my case, you may try it and it's works for me.

Bro, check the shadow memory maybe its there.

Guys, totally agree with Jarance on this matter, pay for his (Jarance) drink and disable cold and hot check of the parking bulb. I've written a little on error deleting too, http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/foru...-FX-R-retrofit&p=661490&viewfull=1#post661490

Insured By Mafia;732841 said:
DAYMNN....wat a co-incidence..juz had the exact issue as yours last nite bro C-Va6999..da same left side angel eyes too..with da same indication and da same signal light haywire..i was about to post da thread..thank god i saw yours..so i can tumpang now...with you permission pls..

Hi IBM, it's not signal light going haywire but it's a backup/safety feature where the car replaces the parking light function with the turn signal light. All the external lights are bus/computer controlled except for reverse lights.

Alex5522;732854 said:
attachment-1.jpg

Haha, same as me before too. The bulb was loose. But i think in their case is really not like ours. Mayb its really their ballast

aidilj;732894 said:
Hi IBM, it's not signal light going haywire but it's a backup/safety feature where the car replaces the parking light function with the turn signal light. All the external lights are bus/computer controlled except for reverse lights.

owh, my bad..sorry Sifu..totally got a wrong idea bout it...thanks for highlighting by the way..cheers..

aidilj;732893 said:
Bro, check the shadow memory maybe its there.

Guys, totally agree with Jarance on this matter, pay for his (Jarance) drink and disable cold and hot check of the parking bulb. I've written a little on error deleting too, http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/foru...-FX-R-retrofit&p=661490&viewfull=1#post661490

Yup bro maybe it was at the shadow memory. As i mentioned that my case was none of any bulbs of my car was blows off, so i judge it was some way loose contact and lead the cluster meter warning light comes out.

Petrus;732910 said:
Haha, same as me before too. The bulb was loose. But i think in their case is really not like ours. Mayb its really their ballast

Yes bro it might be their case was really not like us.

Btw this is the bulb connector or holder i used to ketuk-ketuk

DSCN0341.jpg

Insured By Mafia;732844 said:
Sifu jarance..can i tumpang in..pls pls pls..but in my case, i juz had diz issue last nite...i havent do any replacement on the inverter yet..can can can?? i'll buy u a drink oso...:15:

OK lah.. just come to Borneo Rainforest on Friday and I will see what I can do for your problem.

jarance;732949 said:
OK lah.. just come to Borneo Rainforest on Friday and I will see what I can do for your problem.

hehehe..Thanks alot Sifu..hopefully no last minute escalations(work related) so dat i can make it to Borneo Rainforest...

dear UDM buddies, I had the same kinda lights on my e46 about 4 weeks ago, but it was for the rear portion (both left & right) and had them checked during the routine service at AB.

they checked it told that the buld housing case and the wiring were causing it. initially, i thought the rear bulbs were going to go off. they quoted around RM75-155 to get it fixed.

Veera;734287 said:
dear UDM buddies, I had the same kinda lights on my e46 about 4 weeks ago, but it was for the rear portion (both left & right) and had them checked during the routine service at AB.

they checked it told that the buld housing case and the wiring were causing it. initially, i thought the rear bulbs were going to go off. they quoted around RM75-155 to get it fixed.

Just bend the metal clips on the bulb holders for your problem.

Also clean the burnt mark on the metal part in the bulb housing.

Top Bottom