Engine won't start

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

eediot

Club Guest
I've been experiencing this problem 2 times this week where I can't start the engine in the morning. I tried couple of times but no luck. During first occurrence, for some reason manage to start the car after leaving the ignition key in position 2 for couple of minutes. On the 2nd occurrence, I see the following warning lights on the dashboard and I notice the gear display 'P' is missing. When I try to pull gear knob to 'R' notice the 'P' shows up on the display and I was able to start car right away. View attachment 19194This problem started very next morning after I change the aircond compressor at Naidu's place. I checked with him but he mentioned changing the compressor should affect the engine management. Any advice would be appreciated!

Can you start your car when you shift to "N" position?

Could be a problem with gear position slightly out of alignment for your case.

jarance;635910 said:
Can you start your car when you shift to "N" position?

Could be a problem with gear position slightly out of alignment for your case.

I've not tried that but once the 'P' shows up on the display, no issue starting the car. Tried to switch off the engine and start again, still can see the 'P' sign.

happened to me recently and always the first start in the morning. It is the position sensor. My mechanic adjusted for me then OK.

MyBimmer;636496 said:
happened to me recently and always the first start in the morning. It is the position sensor. My mechanic adjusted for me then OK.

Will give that a check.. gotta ruled out the battery since the voltage reading is normal.

Top Bottom