Engine Swap

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

eddie70

Dear ALL,Does anyone has came accross any model ... change their engine. To be specific..anyone came across E36 plant a Toyota Supra engine...?Can be done aaa... tapak sama ke? Huh... i heard tat but never see 1 b4. Any idea... if you ask me why... drifting..maaaaRegardsEddie

Originally posted by eau-rouge@Jun 27 2006, 12:25 AM
can..malaysia boleh maa..hehe

tapak can modify..

the most important thing $$$$ :D
I know can modify... but bole muat ka... and how stable it is? Malaysia bole orang German :eek:

One of my neighbours has a 1st gen 728i with a 2.5 litre turbocharged DOHC 24v in-line 6 cyl Toyota engine (I think its code is 1JZ-GTE or something like that), with matching gearbox. Integration seems quite good.

Originally posted by wglee@Jun 27 2006, 05:05 PM
One of my neighbours has a 1st gen 728i with a 2.5 litre turbocharged DOHC 24v in-line 6 cyl Toyota engine (I think its code is 1JZ-GTE or something like that), with matching gearbox. Integration seems quite good.
I saw such an E23 in a Puchong workshop, wonder if it's the same car........that same workshop has done many Japanese heart transplant. E32, E34, E23 with Nissan or Toyota turbo engines. In fact, the E34 you can't even tell it has a jap heart - the meter cluster and gear shift knob are all original BMW........ ;)

Originally posted by wglee@Jun 27 2006, 05:05 PM
Thats what i heard...someone already transplant 1J engine... but never see it with my eyes... interested to know??? How can they talk 1 german 1 japanese... japan + german = GERPAN huahuahua...can work lorrrr

eddie...a good example of a similar transplant is nikazwaas e24 635i convert to supra turbo....

its good actually...

rgds,
-brad-

Originally posted by eddie70@Jun 26 2006, 11:10 AM
Dear ALL,

Does anyone has came accross any model ... change their engine. To be specific..anyone came across E36 plant a Toyota Supra engine...?

Can be done aaa... tapak sama ke? Huh... i heard tat but never see 1 b4. Any idea... if you ask me why... drifting..maaaa

Regards
Eddie
I've posted this before - members.shaw.ca/kfgroup/sr20_faqs.htm

For research purposes only LOL.

Got a friend dad 2nd generation 7 series heart transplant with Toyota Supra engine..comment after change..very powerful than original engine..even from P or N move to D the car will automatically move up to 10kmh..with light touch on the throttle, the car fly... :D

another project of the friend of mine ..5 series 530i E34 heart transplant to Toyota Crown Engine..due to engine kaput ..not yet try but according to the mechanic ..in term of performance better than original engine..now still in the process of fine tuning...

Purpose of transplant: Drifting

Comment: Buy yourself a JDM car (a cheap drifting car will cost you only 5K) rather than spend more than 10K on your UDM

Except you are into continental drifting :yahoo:

btw, nothing stays intact in drifting. (just a reminder to understand mods that need to be done)

there is an e30 with an SR20 S14 heart .... interested to view .. location kajang ?? pm me

Transplanting a Jap engine to a BMW would inevitably involve fabricating or welding new mountings. I thought the JPJ prohibits such practice? And, as I've mentioned earlier, what would become of the car's crashworthiness?

Originally posted by wglee@Jun 28 2006, 07:26 PM
Transplating a Jap engine to a BMW would inevitably involve fabricating or welding new mountings. I thought the JPJ prohibits such practice? And, as I've mentioned earlier, what would become of the car's crashworthiness?
JPJ approval is nothing, UDM with JDM heart will pass even a little modification on mount.

Crashworthiness is still depending on the chassis.

I must say that it will be better since those guys who are able to swap in a JDM heart wil know exactly to strengten the body.

Bro...
It's nice to know where's is that workshop location in Puchong...I'm about to do
1JZ transplant in 728i beemer heart...
I'm from kajang...

thks...

Top Bottom