Engine Oil Castrol Magnatec or Nasa?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dannisboo2001

Club Guest
Hi all beemer, I notice my beemer send to workshop they used the Nasa Engine Oil for me rm75 (4litre) does it good? coz as i knw BMW mostly is used castrol rite?Both Price same? Any comment?:106: Hope can see some beemer suggest? Thx all guy & Merry X'Mas...

dannisboo2001;479702 said:
Hi all beemer,

I notice my beemer send to workshop they used the Nasa Engine Oil for me rm75 (4litre) does it good? coz as i knw BMW mostly is used castrol rite?
Both Price same?

Any comment?:106:

Hope can see some beemer suggest?

Thx all guy & Merry X'Mas...

Hi... i would suggest u go for Shell Helix or Castrol Edge Sport.....

Depend how you drive your car, Nasa engine oil should be fine.
Just change your oil after 5000km.

dannisboo2001;479702 said:
Hi all beemer,

I notice my beemer send to workshop they used the Nasa Engine Oil for me rm75 (4litre) does it good? coz as i knw BMW mostly is used castrol rite?
Both Price same?

Any comment?:106:

Hope can see some beemer suggest?

Thx all guy & Merry X'Mas...

been using nasa for the past 4 yrs .... NASA GD11 .... never had any problem with it ....since it was cheap , i usually change my engine oil every 45 days ....

Just would like to ask you guys what is the right viscosity of engine oil to be used?:rolleyes:

Let say, which is better for a 318i. 5W-30 or 10W-40?:106:

Cheers..:wink:

you can start with 5w40 first. If not much of oil lost between service, then stick to it.
If too much oil evaporated, then change to 10w40.
BTW, nice avatar you have there.

Pardon me, i hope this is not out of topic. Just a curiosity . Normally how much oil you put in , is it 5L or just 4L in a M43 1.9 cc engine?

zas;493627 said:
Pardon me, i hope this is not out of topic. Just a curiosity . Normally how much oil you put in , is it 5L or just 4L in a M43 1.9 cc engine?

refer to your dipstick..

SkyEvo;488938 said:
Just would like to ask you guys what is the right viscosity of engine oil to be used?:rolleyes:

Better in performance or better in protection? .. they are trade off to each other..

10w-40 would be better in protection, 5w-30 would be better in engine performance.

... and I'm currently on 0w-30.. :p too bad 0w-20 is suicidal for the engine in tropical countries.. :(

astroboy;493682 said:
Better in performance or better in protection? .. they are trade off to each other..

10w-40 would be better in protection, 5w-30 would be better in engine performance.

... and I'm currently on 0w-30.. :p too bad 0w-20 is suicidal for the engine in tropical countries.. :(

:listen: shell, castrol, nasa or syntium.....whatever it is my friends ...make sure its the genuine lube oil you are getting ....:listen:

:eek::eek:http://ondscene.blogspot.com/2010/02/rampasan-minyak-pelincir-minyak.html :eek::eek:

I bought mine from Tan Chong Motor Service Center.. the Castrol SLX Powerflow 0w-30 are specially packed for Tan Chong Malaysia by Castrol Malaysia.. Need to provide a Nissan car number for the purchase.. otw the can't sell.. :eek:

astroboy;493921 said:
I bought mine from Tan Chong Motor Service Center.. the Castrol SLX Powerflow 0w-30 are specially packed for Tan Chong Malaysia by Castrol Malaysia.. Need to provide a Nissan car number for the purchase.. otw the can't sell.. :eek:

:listen: i got mine (Syntium 5000 - 0W 40) frm PDB ...staff price bro .....:top::top:

dzuljazz2001;493934 said:
:listen: i got mine (Syntium 5000 - 0W 40) frm PDB ...staff price bro .....:top::top:

if you dont mind sharing, how much is the staff price for Syntium 5000?

Thanks

ICEMAN 13;487036 said:
been using nasa for the past 4 yrs .... NASA GD11 .... never had any problem with it ....since it was cheap , i usually change my engine oil every 45 days ....

please advise ,why do you change your engine oil so often? I get this carbon/ or leather or some kind of engine smell in the car despite my changing the 2 filters, still unable to solve the problem ! Any suggestion how I can solve the problem!

SkyEvo;488938 said:

Yea, wats the right viscosity for a 7 years old car? Different age, different viscosity?

Please advise, thanks

CHEERS

Top Bottom