engine die off need help

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

beemercsc

Club Guest
dear sifus.i got a problem in my e46 325 year 2001.i bought the car 7 months back recently i have problem with the acc blower. the blower not functioning send to workshop and after checking seems the blower and and the sensor gone( cost me 800 + 350 ). To replace the blower all the dashboard taken out and refixed.my problem now is the engine is not smooth and idling when in parking. the main problem is i got stuck in few junction. whenever i wait at the junction to turn my rpm will not stable and in some occasion the engine will off and need to restart. got fobia when driving. checked with my foreman he changed the fuel filter but the problem still the same.please advice..thank youbeemercsc

hi there...

Was there any leak underneath? I had the same problem last week. Now my 1997 E36 is in the workshop. At first i thought it was just the starter... Fix it... after fixing it the engine starts to overheat. Diagnozed the problem and found out that my engine oil has mix with water. Need to do overhaul. The problem you mentioned sounds familiar like my car. So i'm suggesting to do check through computer at the workshop who has the mechanism to check with the computer. Good Luck!

Rusty

beemercsc;319987 said:
dear sifus.

i got a problem in my e46 325 year 2001.
i bought the car 7 months back recently i have problem with the acc blower. the blower not functioning send to workshop and after checking seems the blower and and the sensor gone( cost me 800 + 350 ). To replace the blower all the dashboard taken out and refixed.

my problem now is the engine is not smooth and idling when in parking. the main problem is i got stuck in few junction. whenever i wait at the junction to turn my rpm will not stable and in some occasion the engine will off and need to restart. got fobia when driving. checked with my foreman he changed the fuel filter but the problem still the same.

please advice..

thank you
beemercsc

May be the failing crankshaft sensor which causes such symptoms

hi bro,s

Thaks for the advice... already dignosed the car there might be problem with the air mast near the air filter. need to bring to workshop again on monday. will update all whats next for future reference. BTW can anybody suggest me what are the oil gasket need to be replaced seems i saw a bit leakage under carriege. I think need to replace the due to wear and tear, car already clocked 160k...

Thank you
beemercsc

E46Fanatic;320081 said:
May be the failing crankshaft sensor which causes such symptoms

Failing crank shaft sensor will immediately kill the engine and won't start again. Inconsistent idling is mostly due to dirty MAF (Mass Air Flow sensor) or problematic ICV (Idle Control Valve).

images

Bro

As what we saw that day, your leakage is serious.
Transmission oil pan gasket, oil sump gasket. At 160k, most of your seals are gone and needs to be replaced. The hardest hit will be the fly wheel oil seal as the transmission needs to be removed to replace this. I have gone through this phase... can't avoid it unless you sell the car.

planta

Thank you planta looking at it now. buzy this week. Going to Bangkok and will be back by next week then have to make up the mind. Till then finish the unfinished worklah.

Thanks for the advice..

p/s Please confirm the time to lee motor as we discuss earlier..

Beemercsc

Top Bottom