ECU-remapping

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

crtee

Club Guest
all the sifus in here, im curious about the mod for ECU remapping that you all mentioned in here.I wan to kno a)will it reduce the price of the car in second hand value if i mod it????b)roughly how much horsepower will i gain???c)what is the cost for doing it???/currently im driving a e46 325i(2003)

crtee said:
all the sifus in here, im curious about the mod for ECU remapping that you all mentioned in here.I wan to kno

a)will it reduce the price of the car in second hand value if i mod it????
b)roughly how much horsepower will i gain???
c)what is the cost for doing it???/

currently im driving a e46 325i(2003)[/quote

a) it will not reduce the value of the car...might be able to increase the value a i suppose
b) on the max about 10 to 12 bhp
c) it will set you back aroung RM2000+
d) is it worth it? well it makes the car more drivable and seems powerful..more instant pedal response..fuel about the same

hope the above helps

regards

thanks for the reply but as i kno if you do something to the car's engine it will reduce the value rite.so u mean that remapping is only setting the ECU and wont change any part of the car ?????

crtee said:
thanks for the reply but as i kno if you do something to the car's engine it will reduce the value rite.so u mean that remapping is only setting the ECU and wont change any part of the car ?????
Remapping the ECU is reprogramming the ECU. you can oso revert to the original settings. don't mean to be rude but you don't seem to be car savvy enuf to appreciate the increase in power if you are harping on this concern of urs.... Come join us for TT session and you'll understand more...

fabianyee said:
Remapping the ECU is reprogramming the ECU. you can oso revert to the original settings. don't mean to be rude but you don't seem to be car savvy enuf to appreciate the increase in power if you are harping on this concern of urs.... Come join us for TT session and you'll understand more...

oh thanks for the reply,i have a little bit knowledge in modding car but just curios coz most of the time modding the car require the part to be changed...hehe coz i afraid that if i do tis to my car then if will reduce the second hand value.....when is the TT session i would love to learn more

that's right bro... they've got me all straighten out on ECUs at TT sessions...
see you soon

o_O then im in troublelo hahahhaha if they racun me kaw kaw i sure cannot tahan 1 hahahahha

o_O

please do come i want to hear bout ecu remapping too so if you're there you can take all the racun.. j/k

Hi may i know what is ECU means. I own a E46 320i and i think is under power after i install a set of 19"x8.5"/19"x9.5" AC rims on.

QME7555 said:
Hi may i know what is ECU means. I own a E46 320i and i think is under power after i install a set of 19"x8.5"/19"x9.5" AC rims on.

before that, seems okeh..?
then, your wheels are too heavy..

ECU is electronic control unit..
a computer which control ignition and fuel injection system..
also ABS (kalu ada).. :D

QME7555 said:

Woo hoo! way to go staggered 19"! Doesn't it rub the back fenders? maybe you are not using lowering coilovers? if you are not lowered doesn't it make the car look like a 4x4? Some ppl are lucky they don't rub the back fenders but its because they don't lower their non-m e46 but it looks fugly like SUV. Sorry off topic need to know.

Your car is definately underpowered due to the rims.. are they originals? replicas are heavier.

ECU - some other threads which ecu remap/piggyback have been discussed

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6710

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4565

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3943

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4872

hope this helps some ppl

19" FTW!! :D

Hey guys would it be possible to remap a 323i to the same hp as the 325i or more without adding new components?
Would be smashing..

ericlks said:
Hey guys would it be possible to remap a 323i to the same hp as the 325i or more without adding new components?
Would be smashing..

jumping from 170hp to 192hp is gonna be a stretch with just ECU....

exhaust, intake and then ecu tuning then maybe.

hmmn..

andai kata yek..
if only..

first scenario..
i drive m20b20..
then i change the ecu to m20b25..
can mr. sifu(s) tell me, what happen then..?

p/s:
just changing the ecu..
nothing else..

second scenario..
im drive m20b20..
i change ecu (m20b25)..
also change the intake and exhaust manifold (m20b25)..
change the throttle body (m20b25)..

the question,
enough parts changing..?
or need else..?

thanks in advance.. :D

metalrizca said:
hmmn..

andai kata yek..
if only..

first scenario..
i drive m20b20..
then i change the ecu to m20b25..
can mr. sifu(s) tell me, what happen then..?

p/s:
just changing the ecu..
nothing else..

second scenario..
im drive m20b20..
i change ecu (m20b25)..
also change the intake and exhaust manifold (m20b25)..
change the throttle body (m20b25)..

the question,
enough parts changing..?
or need else..?

thanks in advance.. :D
M20B20 ECU to M20B25 ECU: that'll depend on which versions are the 2 engines. you can't swap a L-jetronic ECU with a Motronic ECU.

ericlks said:
Would be smashing..
Have been discussed before in the past, there is more than just the ECU.. the intake manifold and throttle body are different too.. Not too sure about the engine internals especially the sizes of the valves. Pistons should be the same.

fabianyee said:
M20B20 ECU to M20B25 ECU: that'll depend on which versions are the 2 engines. you can't swap a L-jetronic ECU with a Motronic ECU.

forgot..
talking bout bosch motronic ecu..

QME7555 said:

holycow!!!!ur car's tyre has become like lorry tyre????i think 19" is way too much oreidy.now ur car has become like a magnet no wonder u lost so much of power plus u r 320i

first of all it is not possible to just 'switch' ECUs

ECU contains data of your car including the mileage...so when your ECU mileage and the dashboard mileage doesn't match, you get an error of some sort and BMW and your insurance company may consider it mileage tampering!

2nd of all, why would you change your ECU like that? Your ECU is for your car, the ECU of a different car is for that car. They have been programmed specifically for that car model and not yours!

Also why would you upgrade from b20 to b25 when you can get aftermarket manifold and exhaust made for your exact model that is much more effective and maybe cheaper.

I got Hamann Exhaust and Superspring exhaust manifold and believe me it gives way more power than if I got a 325 manifold and 325 exhaust for my 323. I don't even think 325=>323 would fit.

DO: Tune your ECU, powerchip etc.
DON'T: Swap out your ECU for a different one.

DO: Get aftermarket exhaust manifold.
DON'T: Swap from different model.

Top Bottom