E9x - Blower Motor Malfunction / No air from aircon

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bobbychoo

Does SC accept imported cars (UK import) for this recall or only for cars bought directly from autobavaria/quill?

Does SC accept imported cars (UK import) for this recall or only for cars bought directly from autobavaria/quill?
They will accept, but will charge u a 'registration' fee if not mistaken.

Sorry for digging, have been very busy...

Has anyone manage to get these inspected and replaced? Are there any symptoms before recall?

Yes, I got mine replaced by an authorized service center. Took 1 day to sort out. You only need to pay MYR 10 for 2 small items.

Dear Members,

Just to share that there is a recall for the blower motor for your E9x.

https://bmw.oemdtc.com/163/safety-recall-17v-676-blower-motor-wiring-2006-2011-bmw-3-series

Mine just stopped functioning altogether. There is zero airflow from the aircon.

You can bring it in to BMW and they will inspect and if your car is affected, they will fix you up :)

So please don't go purchase a new blower motor if yours fail!

bobby

Hi, Bobby. Did BMW also replaced your blower motor/regulator?(i assume it's also damaged by the burnt wiring/connector)

Sorry for digging, have been very busy...

Has anyone manage to get these inspected and replaced? Are there any symptoms before recall?
i inspected myself(after my blower failed)... saw burnt marks on the blower regulator connector..
will send to BMW for wiring replacement.

Dear Members,

Just to share that there is a recall for the blower motor for your E9x.

https://bmw.oemdtc.com/163/safety-recall-17v-676-blower-motor-wiring-2006-2011-bmw-3-series

Mine just stopped functioning altogether. There is zero airflow from the aircon.

You can bring it in to BMW and they will inspect and if your car is affected, they will fix you up :)

So please don't go purchase a new blower motor if yours fail!

bobby

The above link can be used for Malaysian CKD BMW?

Tq

Yes, I got mine replaced by an authorized service center. Took 1 day to sort out. You only need to pay MYR 10 for 2 small items.
Hi Bobby, mind sharing which service centre you send to? Mine from Quill and service rep mentioned i need to leave the car for 3 days!!!

i inspected myself(after my blower failed)... saw burnt marks on the blower regulator connector..
will send to BMW for wiring replacement.
Bro
How did the replacement go> Any additional charges and how long it took? TiA

Bro
How did the replacement go> Any additional charges and how long it took? TiA
I did the recall for my E90 LCI at Ingress Auto Puchong. Took 1 day to settle but could only collect the car the following day. Some wiring were changed and total cost was about RM900 (paid by BMW of course).

Hi, is there any difference for 2nd owners as the AB will only have the registered details of the first owner of the car - E90 325i.

Top Bottom