e93 convertible roof rattle sound

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sebastian200073

Club Guest
My long wait is finally over, got my e93 335....exicited but got an annoying roof rattle sound on bumpy road. Any advise what is the best way to fix it. I am not sure if any workshop there know how to fix it. Please advise. Thanks

When I got my E93, I had squeaks as well... (not sure about rattles though).

It turned out most of the sounds are due to the rubber seals - plenty of rubber seals for the E93 roof. I had all the rubber seals (and body parts that the seals comes into contact with) cleaned using a cloth and then coated lighted with the OWS Body Flex gel (don't use silicon as it apparently deteroriates the rubber) and 99.9% of the sounds gone. Still get an occassional squeak now and then.

bro, care to share where to purchase OWS Body Flex gel in KL?

shlim8;770503 said:
When I got my E93, I had squeaks as well... (not sure about rattles though).

It turned out most of the sounds are due to the rubber seals - plenty of rubber seals for the E93 roof. I had all the rubber seals (and body parts that the seals comes into contact with) cleaned using a cloth and then coated lighted with the OWS Body Flex gel (don't use silicon as it apparently deteroriates the rubber) and 99.9% of the sounds gone. Still get an occassional squeak now and then.

Thanks bro for all the feedback. I'm not in the 335watsapp group yet....can share how can I join. Got my car last night, power is superb...just on and off have to hear some squeaking sound. Yea, where can I buy the OWS body flex gel?

bros, I got my OWS body flex gel from Singapore. First got it from the shop in sin ming viacom but they moved. Finally found another through Stamford Tyre also in sg.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to get OWS body flex gel here. It's pretty effective stuff.

Sebastian, please read your pm...

Sebastian, welcome to the 335 ownership. Can msg me or PM shlim here to be added. My number is 0164220012. We are having a drive this Saturday. Always good to have another kaki. : )

Great, thanks. Unfortunately I am from the north but will definetely make an effort to join u guys one day for a trip.

Top Bottom