E90 LCI 325i or F30?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

M3ac

Club Guest
Hi to all you veterans and sifu's,Need your input. Am cosnidering the current e90 LCI 325i N52engine with 218HP and 25Nm Torque....but also contemplating to wait for the 2012 F30 model. I have seen the F10 which comes with the electro mechanical handbrake and dynamic suspension settings where one can set normal to sport setting. In addiition it comes std with the new 8 speed joystick gear shift (supposedly it gives 14% better fuel consumption than the current 6 speed steptronic gearbox). I know these are just nice to have's and probably once the BSRI ends, the problem may surface and the repair costs may be higher than compared to the e90 with more basic stuff installed...am looking for the long run. Will probably keep the car for 10years. So I need your inputs on is it worth waiting for the F30 or just stick to the E90 as the current LCI one is really really nice looking with the M Sport suspension, M Sport Bumpers, M Sport Steering, etc...Appreciate your inputs. Thanks heaps. :)

M3ac;568833 said:
Hi to all you veterans and sifu's,

Need your input. Am cosnidering the current e90 LCI 325i N52engine with 218HP and 25Nm Torque....but also contemplating to wait for the 2012 F30 model. I have seen the F10 which comes with the electro mechanical handbrake and dynamic suspension settings where one can set normal to sport setting. In addiition it comes std with the new 8 speed joystick gear shift (supposedly it gives 14% better fuel consumption than the current 6 speed steptronic gearbox).

I know these are just nice to have's and probably once the BSRI ends, the problem may surface and the repair costs may be higher than compared to the e90 with more basic stuff installed...am looking for the long run. Will probably keep the car for 10years.

So I need your inputs on is it worth waiting for the F30 or just stick to the E90 as the current LCI one is really really nice looking with the M Sport suspension, M Sport Bumpers, M Sport Steering, etc...

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks heaps. :)

Get a Ferrari 360 CS (Challenge Stradale)...in red of course...you can get a good 2nd hand unit for not much more than a brand new 3 series...:love::love::top::top:

Thanks docrayboy. Appreciate it, but a Ferrari is not an everyday car. So that won't do for now, but thanks for your thoughts. :)

M3ac pls do a proper introduction about yourself on the newbie thread..its good to know each other before cracking a topic..

Anyway i think by the time F30 hits our shores it will be 2013 and you will get the basic spec unless you care to burn alot of money on high end specs...At least can enjoy another 3 yrs with the 325LCI and never bother about depreciation when it comes to contis..

If i have to choose a brand new 523 F10 and Full blown 525sports(E60) i'll go for the E60 anytime..

If you can wait long enough then wait for the F30 if kenot tahan then by all means do go for the E90 LCI 325 or go for the 320d version (get the M-Sport version :top:)

What car do u drive now? If u're pretty happy with it,I'd suggest u wait for the F30 cuz the tech that'll be coming with the car will make the e90 look like a model-T..

I hv a e90 and it already feels outdated against the new 5er in terms of technology..hell,it IS severely outdated!

Thanks for the reminder and Yes, I have just posted my introduction in the Newbie thread. Sorry for that.

VKS;568855 said:
M3ac pls do a proper introduction about yourself on the newbie thread..its good to know each other before cracking a topic..

Anyway i think by the time F30 hits our shores it will be 2013 and you will get the basic spec unless you care to burn alot of money on high end specs...At least can enjoy another 3 yrs with the 325LCI and never bother about depreciation when it comes to contis..

If i have to choose a brand new 523 F10 and Full blown 525sports(E60) i'll go for the E60 anytime..

Thanks for the reminder. I have just intorduced myself at the newbie thread. Apologize for not doing so earlier. :)

VKS;568855 said:

I think the F30 will be here earlier than anyone could imagined :)

supergripen;569075 said:
What car do u drive now? If u're pretty happy with it,I'd suggest u wait for the F30 cuz the tech that'll be coming with the car will make the e90 look like a model-T..

I hv a e90 and it already feels outdated against the new 5er in terms of technology..hell,it IS severely outdated!

Currently a 2001 e46 325i, it still drives reasonably well, I love the 6pot growl it still has..its just a bit old. I really like the e90 LCI 325i. I also found out that the new batch of 325i's comes with the new plus & minus paddle shifts, the same ones on the F10's/335i's.. THats really cool looking and the gear change feels more natural than the current 325i paddle shifters where you have plus minuses on both sides of the steering

B33mEr;568857 said:
If you can wait long enough then wait for the F30 if kenot tahan then by all means do go for the E90 LCI 325 or go for the 320d version (get the M-Sport version :top:)

I like the torwue of the 320d. They just launch the new 320d specs with performance edition bumpers, with 380NM of torque....nice....But i cannot stand the diesel sound it makes.....eventhough its the quitest as compared to other diesel engines.....just my mental block :(

M3ac;569636 said:
e92 335i is a great car..... but unfortunately, the price is way off my budget :(

I had this dilemma before Raya. So I opted for '07 325 E92 CBU from UK - coral red leather, sunroof, iDrive. The 335 is too much of a stretch for me. This is for now, of course.

My next ride - ///M3 E92 baby!!!
:dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2:

ALBundy;569630 said:
I think the F30 will be here earlier than anyone could imagined :)

Ya, I also heard from the grapevine that probably 2011, nonetheless, its still a strong rumour

Fadhlan;569674 said:
I had this dilemma before Raya. So I opted for '07 325 E92 CBU from UK - coral red leather, sunroof, iDrive. The 335 is too much of a stretch for me. This is for now, of course.

My next ride - ///M3 E92 baby!!!
:dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2:

Still a good choice bro....could feel the "love" expounding from your new JOY.... :)

supergripen;569075 said:

what technology wld u b referring to in particular?
juz afraid w new tech, e cost of ownership in e long run wld typically be higher.
bmw already has alot of sensors, controller module, etc n they always act up w age.

Top Bottom