E90 323i Engine Weird Sound

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Pikeman

Club Guest
Bro and Sis,Have any of you experience "ing..ing" sound while idel and on the move, it comes and goes as it likes..... and gets very loud when you are on high speed. On high speed the "ing...ing" becomes a continue long and very loud "ing............." scary.... As usual when sent to ingress auto, over night ...., time to collect they say the car has no problem and no sound..... as I move off from ingress the sound start back. Appreciate any of you out there have experience this kind on problem could share where the problem is coming from. Pikeman .....:top:

Done that sit in, driven out - high speed low speed. Usual, they will have all he right words ..... End of the day problem still arise. Dam piss off...... if they can't solve, I want them to exchange a new car to me ...

Yes, sending the car back to the AD is always like that... need alot of patience and insistence that they solve the problem. My 323i had suspension noises and only after 3 visits did they finally fixed the problem.... The prev trips they said there was no noise...

Guess they get alot of cars to service and if they can ignore the problem they would...

I thought Ingress was better than AB though..

Ya that's what people says ingress is better.., may be there are or I'm so unlucky.... Will keep on pushing them or I'm going to ask for one to one exchange.... (manufacturing defect event BMW can't fix it - which means customer have all the right to one to one exchange) is there a lawyer in this forum ...? Am I right to say than - if BMW can't rectify the problem from the first day i received the car - customer has all the right to request for one to one exchange ... ...right..?

Latest up date ..., if u come across weird engine sound " sharp eeeee sound" and gets louder when on high speed - that's gear box problem. I'm so unlucky..., for your benefit if u encounter similar, better check the gear box.... A gear box cost RM 40 - Rm 50 k , don't play play.....

Pikeman;755798 said:
Latest up date ..., if u come across weird engine sound " sharp eeeee sound" and gets louder when on high speed - that's gear box problem. I'm so unlucky..., for your benefit if u encounter similar, better check the gear box.... A gear box cost RM 40 - Rm 50 k , don't play play.....

Mmhh, how many km have u got on ur car?

I just clock 3000km .... Still pushing ingress to look at things... People say BMW sungai besi they are good .... ? It that true...?

Pikeman;757216 said:
I just clock 3000km .... Still pushing ingress to look at things... People say BMW sungai besi they are good .... ? It that true...?

Oh crap - 3,000km and you're face with this.Should push for a new car man.

Keep us posted.

Since my first post on 1 July about wired engine sound ...... guess what, those guys in ingress still have not able to arrange my car for inspection. What kind of service is this...$&()($:);!.;?!!! Anyone knows any good service personal at AB or at Sg Besi BMW that can assist on my problem....?

Appreciate someone can help....... dam frastrated.... I should go for Audi A4.

Bro..., do you know any BMW good reliable foreman that you can recommend either at AB, Ingress or Sg Besi.... Latest up date almost coming to two month ..., ingress still have not attended to my complain. Wht the fxxxx..... And I have clock 5000km already.

Why BMW like that.....

Pikeman;760551 said:
Bro..., do you know any BMW good reliable foreman that you can recommend either at AB, Ingress or Sg Besi.... Latest up date almost coming to two month ..., ingress still have not attended to my complain. Wht the fxxxx..... And I have clock 5000km already.

Why BMW like that.....

Write in an official written complaint email to Ingress Auto Head of Aftersales or Head of Dealership and cc BMW Malaysia if you can on your predicament. That's what I did to get my issue resolved.

Jonz

Ya .... I shall do that..., if you got things resolve, no harm trying. Shall keep all readers posted of the outcome hopefully soon.

I'm agree they try to avoid those sound issue or repairing issue, I sent my 323 for repair in 3 times and it solve when I told them where probably the sounds from the front windscreen seal. First and second time that I sent in my car they jz feedback say that no sound. I know that they have a lot of car issue to solve everyday that's y they do so. Honestly really not satisfy with those kind of after sale service and repairing. What we customer can do is just push or either complaint to the higher level of pose.

Currently I still have front suspension knocking sound or sound like something lose not tighten up. Anyone have this issue? It can be heard when come to tough surface and bumping. Please advice, I had sent for 3 times and still the same problem....

Patrick23;764484 said:
Currently I still have front suspension knocking sound or sound like something lose not tighten up. Anyone have this issue? It can be heard when come to tough surface and bumping. Please advice, I had sent for 3 times and still the same problem....

I have been having similar weird sounds but not sure how to explain it. Its sounds like "marbles in an empty tin can" and very apparent when accelerating up a parking ramp of accelerating after stopping at the toll booth. This is a common sound i hear on the old protons.

Anyway i reported this on my last service and was told that this is a "pinging sound" which they get lots of reports on. Told me that that they have taken the engine apart of the other cars but not able to identify the cause. At the end just told me that i can ignore this as it wont effect the the performance.

Cheers
Chief

Patrick23;764484 said:
I'm agree they try to avoid those sound issue or repairing issue, I sent my 323 for repair in 3 times and it solve when I told them where probably the sounds from the front windscreen seal. First and second time that I sent in my car they jz feedback say that no sound. I know that they have a lot of car issue to solve everyday that's y they do so. Honestly really not satisfy with those kind of after sale service and repairing. What we customer can do is just push or either complaint to the higher level of pose.

Hi Patrick,

i also have the knocking sound but only sometimes on certain surface. I ask AB to check and they say suspension ok but the sound still there. I am thinking that it might not be the suspension. could it be the lower arm bush? maybe the rubber bush koyak d?

Latest update ...., till now still have not got any arrangement to sent my car for service. Now they say after Raya.... let's c how true and sincere are they. I did some research on my car by checking with BMW specialized work shop ... All 3 work shop says my gear box kaput. Reason being all 323 are using GM series gear box that lis not so durable, so it's very much depend on luck....! Look like I'm the unlucky one.... : ( However those specialized work shops says BMW will exchange if required - it's only whether the service center wants to do it for u or not. So what I did, from the first day 1 complain I make sure I had a record and give them enought time to take action ..., if things are not done - the next place is to BMW HQ at cyberjaya and if still cannot will be BMW Germany customer service - the specialized center says sure will work and will get their attention.

Shall keep u guys posted ..... I'm on a quest after Raya either they get things done or I'm going for a one to one exchange.

Pikeman;764699 said:
Latest update ...., till now still have not got any arrangement to sent my car for service. Now they say after Raya.... let's c how true and sincere are they. I did some research on my car by checking with BMW specialized work shop ... All 3 work shop says my gear box kaput. Reason being all 323 are using GM series gear box that lis not so durable, so it's very much depend on luck....! Look like I'm the unlucky one.... : ( However those specialized work shops says BMW will exchange if required - it's only whether the service center wants to do it for u or not. So what I did, from the first day 1 complain I make sure I had a record and give them enought time to take action ..., if things are not done - the next place is to BMW HQ at cyberjaya and if still cannot will be BMW Germany customer service - the specialized center says sure will work and will get their attention.

Shall keep u guys posted ..... I'm on a quest after Raya either they get things done or I'm going for a one to one exchange.

Not sure you could do this as you bought from Ingress, send it to AB Tun Razak branch and ask for Kent Lee; he is good!

Top Bottom