E65 -2003 735i - Having Starting Problem ( Advice Needed)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

RainChan

Club Guest
Hi there,

I having a problem with my E65 -2003, the engine need to be push start for more than 10 time to start the engine in the morning ( since three week ago). After the engine start, no more issue to start after parking or after a journey. Every morning when I start it, the engine will start up but it will turn off again unless I put on some acceleration to keep the engine running (after a while put on the acceleration then it is OK). I have send the car to the work shop and they still can't find what is the problem with the car till today (2 week already). They have check the program of the engine module card and reprogram it. Check on the fuel pump and can't find anything wrong.

Any advice?

Advance Thanks.

my wild guess .. your fuel line.. in between the fuel pump and the fuel rail. I guess you car is prob 10 years? there is a tendency of small cracks on the fuel lines in particularly the rubber hoses. i had that problem and took me a while o find it as there is no codes available for this. i suggest you should change all teh hoses and clamps> doesnt cost much.

Zidee - have the MAF sensor checked and din't found anything goes wrong. thank for the advise.

Alantiong - Have talk to the workshop and the boss said there is no leak on the fuel line also. thank for the advise.

There is one more info, don't know it will help or not.One month before this incident happen, the car suddenly shut down and can't event start, total no ignition. Change an engine module card and everything go well till this incident (ok for almost one month). Now the boss said he will try to look into the engine module card (might need to change card again) as he have check every single thing but can't find anything wrong.

Anyone else can help? what is the cost for the module card? I get a second for the first change cost me RM 3600.

Many thanks

RainChan

rainchan. how can he know if there is a leak on the hose inside the tank??!! sorry to get a little excited about this. this is the very reason a lot of mechanic kena from me. it is the hose at the fuel sender in the tank! unless he open up.

i had 4 cars.. and happened to 3... so i am pretty sure what is it all about.

the reason it is hard to start after parking is that the leaks causing air lock in the hose. the fuel pump can pump fuel but not air.

Alantiong, I don't know either how if there is a leak on the hose inside the tank. I need to check with the mechanic. I have bring up this issue to him yesterday after I saw your post and he said he had check every single hose. I'm more headache now, cause it already two week one day the car been park in the workshop. base on your assumption this kind of cases definitely nothing to do with electronic?

if its electronic.. then it would not start.. it has to be mechanical problem it it is erratic. basic symptoms is hard to start in the morning. even worst if after you turn off the engine on a mid day drive with engine hot. stop for a few hours, it will be even harder to start then.. all signs of leaking hose. air trapped in hose.

But it is ok when turn off the engine on a mid day drive with hot engine( stop for 1 or 2 hour or less than that). when the engine has start and turn off again there is few error come can remember all but the last error code is engine reduce power.

Just get back the car last week. The workshop say they change the IVM and told me to drive and see is there any problem appear. The engine light up after one day, then drive over for them to check and they say nothing wrong, only the error found is the cooling fan faulty but they say the engine temperature is fine. don't know why they alarm came out. I believe they have disable the alarm after the checking cause my GF say the light does not appear anymore after they say there have reset it. Currently my gf drive the car and she the one who drive there and let them check on it. I have told her to drive to other workshop to check whether they have disable the alarm light or not.That all... I'm totally disappointed with the workshop. So far the starting issue solve with the IVM change ( took one month one week, not sure it is correct or not cause I'm not there and I ask my gf to get the faulty IVM yet there ain't any news on the faulty IVM)

Top Bottom