E60 suspensions

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Guna

Club Guest
Guys,I need advice on what choices I have with suspensions meaning springs and absobers for my E60 530.I got this car with lowered suspensions and 19" wheels and no matter what I did like rolling my fenders,adjusting the cambers and so on,my rear wheel still seems to be touching the fender when I go over uneven roads with some people in the car.I also realised that my rear suspensions looks a little soft and feels like it too.What should I do?

1st of all maybe the offset of ur rim is wrong. secondly check on ur suspension. are u using m sport suspension? most probably it is the rim offset. Breyton 19 wheels with 20mm spacer for the rear will touch the fender. What u need to do is to roll the fender at tyre shop. If it still hit then u have to change rim or change to a smaller mm spacer. If you are using staggered setup for ur car the maximum e60 19 INCH can go is using 275 or 285 for the rear.

marcochen;448176 said:
1st of all maybe the offset of ur rim is wrong. secondly check on ur suspension. are u using m sport suspension? most probably it is the rim offset. Breyton 19 wheels with 20mm spacer for the rear will touch the fender. What u need to do is to roll the fender at tyre shop. If it still hit then u have to change rim or change to a smaller mm spacer. If you are using staggered setup for ur car the maximum e60 19 INCH can go is using 275 or 285 for the rear.

Hey Marco,I think we have spoke before but for whatever it's worth,I have 19'' Hamman 9" all around(non staggered).I don't seem to have a problem with the front though the tyres look a little undersized for the rims(245s on 9") but my problem is the back.I have 275/30 without spacers and yet it does touch with load.I can see that the car is lowered but what springs or absobers,I have no idea la.All I can see is it's a black coil without any markings.No,I don't think it's the Msport suspensions either coz mine is a Highline originally.After changing to fresh Toyo tyres,I got them to adjust the cambers back to original and it seem to help but I do think the suspensions are a little too soft for hard driving though very comfy now.I'm trying to keep the Hammans coz it's a very expensive 2pc set and I think it looks damn nice on the car right now though it may look a little old school in design.I also found that they are very lite compared to a lot of expensive rims in the market.Therefore,it would be a waste to sell it and get another.I also like the current ride height of the car,it looks just right.what should I do man?:listen:

Top Bottom