E60 New Owners FAQ's

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmcaz

Club Guest
Hi guys,just got myself a E60 520i, 04 UK Spec. Ive been going thru ths forum for some answers to my questions but still cant find what im looking for. To start with, i just got my ride a week ago. Never owned a conti before. Was driving a jap before n was just sending it to the dealer service centre for maintenance. No headache. My questions are as follows, and i hope all thw current owners out the can help me out. 1) Where to service my car?When i was driving the honda, i always send it to the dealer for maintenance. The main reason i send there is not just to maintain the warranty, but also i noticed their service checklist is different every service. I mean, at 40k service, change plugs, cable n etc, 60k service tighten chasis bolt or something like that, they know which sensors tp check and at what interval. Unlike sending it to aregular mechanic who will change oil n filter. These are the extras that makes a pretty big difference when driving (no squeeking n etc)So the point is, do i need tl send my car to AB or those reliable workshops like Obermaier n Raymonds will do? Where do u guys send the car? I read one of the post by bro Khaled abt his gearbox n how pll quoted 7-15k when it was only tyre fault. A workshop n batu caves solved his problem (whats the name ah?)2) i love music, i used to have ipod connection n mp3 in my jap. I am such a sucker when it comes to conti, i only realized that my dream ultimate driving machine cant play mp3! :-(after reading some post, now i know that i need to update the M-ASK and voila! Problemo solved? Or do i need to change the headunit as well? Screw the ipod, if i can get 100 tracks pun cukup la.... So where do i update software? Can anyone pls advise? I dont wanna get ripped like one of the bros here who paid 2.2k fpr upgrade. 3) i dont mind spending a'lil extra as long as the workshop is honest amd gets the job done right. Imagine, one guy can ne conned to replaced gearbox when he can get the problem solved by changing tyres. That like conman maximus! Please guys, if u know a good place please intro, as i now want to send my ride for gearbox servicing (just for contingency) n upgrade software. Cheers fellas!

hi there.. now a days is really hard to get a realiable workshop hah. is use to contact 1 fellow from x AB staff his is near kepong area ... they can collect my car and sent the car back to me (which AB doesn't have this svc too) and so far his svc not bad ..where is ur area near by anyway??
try this number 012.6259.865

Hi Sr20, thanks for the recommendation, will give him a call! am around damansara area, which is not too far away acctually!

Bro,
If you are staying in Damansara area.. that's great! I have been sending my car to M1 Motor Works all the time. Job well done & not too expensive if that what's bothering you :top:

M1 MOTOR WORKS SDN BHD
Lot 13600, Jalan Cempaka, Kg. Sungai Kayu Ara, 4700 Petaling Jaya.
Tel: +603-77256818, +603-77225991 Fax: +603-77225991
Look for Jeffrey 019-3123032
Helpful chap :D

\
bmcaz;530625 said:
Hi Sr20, thanks for the recommendation, will give him a call! am around damansara area, which is not too far away acctually!

not sure but you can give Jeffrey a call... don't worry, he won't bite you :D

Hi...anybody from penang/butterworth ????
My 525 Msport is almost out soon...think of do some thorough service /checking...
Any reliable workshop in Butterworth/penang...

Thanks guys.

You may try Chu Seng in Penang(04-2813593), they using all original BMW part.

Hi all

if you do the software upgrading, will it gives effect to the engine? and how much does it cost?

Top Bottom