E60 Key Fob Battery Flat

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

GMENG

Club Guest
Anyone got experience in changing the battery? Some model can have their battery changed. But mine doesn't seem to have any slot to change the battery.My car came out with a signal saying I need to recharge the battery by running the car on a longer distance. It helped, yesterday I drove 30-40km and when I restart the signal just went off.But I suspect the key battery may have problem and need to be changed soon. Read somewhere that if it's really flat, then the whole key has to be changed. it'd cost abt USD$400-500!Anybody faced the same problem here and hope to hear from you guys..

GMENG;736345 said:
Anyone got experience in changing the battery? Some model can have their battery changed. But mine doesn't seem to have any slot to change the battery.

My car came out with a signal saying I need to recharge the battery by running the car on a longer distance. It helped, yesterday I drove 30-40km and when I restart the signal just went off.

But I suspect the key battery may have problem and need to be changed soon. Read somewhere that if it's really flat, then the whole key has to be changed. it'd cost abt USD$400-500!

Anybody faced the same problem here and hope to hear from you guys..

I dont know it need to change whole key or not if the battery is flat. As i know it can be reprogram again. I just got a machine which can reprogram the BMW keyless key via OBDII but havent test it. If i have time then i will join next TT and bring my machine out to test on other cars.

Top Bottom