E60 air condition noise

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

harry_7

Club Guest
Anyone of sifu encounter air condition noise? You can't hear the noise from cabin, but when you stand outside, the noise is there. If you turn off the air con switch, the noise disappear. What could be damage and need to repair? Costing wise?pls advise, tq...

To save money, stay in the cabin la...ekekek. What kind of noise are we talking about here? Loud whirring sound? Tak tak tak sound or ??? Have you compared it with other bimmers at the same condition?

Seems like belt losing sound, your mech (raymond staff) told me is air condition pump damage, need to change. But wait until no cold air only change.... What's your advice?

Checked, the noise caused by tensioner and the roller. Changed at RM 525 with labour, now everything fine...

Wahaha, did it somewhere nearby, cos the noise is going to un-acceptable volume, if no change, the belt will kong...

Hi bro,

Wanna ask for the symptom of the noise. Is it that very loud? Because my car just enounter this problem as i step out from the car so loud the sound. Btw going to Naidu can diagnose the problem my car have? Because sometime the sound does Not appear.:wink:

are u sure it's the aircon? it may be your fans running at full speed to cool down the engine....had that once or twice in my basement carpark and it was loud as well. It's normal my mech says......

Is it kah? If it is normal im alright with it but it seems loud and just worried any of the fan that are spoiled as my car aircon also sometimes are not blowing cold air. It sounds weird though as i was not really familiar with this car yet.:burnout:

Ah. if your aircon is not blowing cool air that's a diff issue i guess. If your aircon is not cooling your car as soon as you start your car the 1st time in the morning for the first 3-5 mins, it may mean that your compressor is 'dying'. After the first few mins the air con should be running cool all day without hitches. If it is off and on cold/warm when you are driving it may be the valve as reported by some forummers here or maybe the temp gauge or fan (easy to rule out. Just go out, open the bonnet and look if the fan is moving ler) as well. I will rule out the gas cause when it is cold it is super cold....:) Fuses may also be a gremlin but I will go with the cheapest to the most expensive solution - gas - fuse - fan - temp gauge - compressor...

I have the issue of it not blowing cool air immediately for the 1st 3 mins of the day (yes i had nothing to do so I timed it with the stopwatch we have in-built in the idrive). After that everything is fine. I told my mech i will live with it as it has been my practice to never on my air con until my engine is warmed up anyway since i started driving eons ago (then how did I know about it you may ask? :) Only when my dad took my car out twice then his observations came back to me). I will only look at it again when it breaks down completely :)

Yah you are right bro. My aircond will only blow the cold air after a few mins. Based on what i read posted by forumers here, it might also the cooling coil have failed. I hope nothing wrong on the noise issue. It was really nice car to drive about.

Hi bro, if cooling coil I think is not expensive if compare with compressor. My car noise was generated from the air con belt, when you put ur drive to D, sound more obvious, If to N, little sound only. Mech said is tensioner, I change 1 tensioner and 2 pulley( plastic roller think) cost me 600.00. Cut my throat....

harry_7;724128 said:
Hi bro, if cooling coil I think is not expensive if compare with compressor. My car noise was generated from the air con belt, when you put ur drive to D, sound more obvious, If to N, little sound only. Mech said is tensioner, I change 1 tensioner and 2 pulley( plastic roller think) cost me 600.00. Cut my throat....

Yeah bro. I really hope it is not the compressor problem. Actually i dont know where to start maintaining regards to this. Lol:p but hopefully everything will be done by mechanic.

i have always gone 'shopping' to pin point the cause of the problem before committing to any one person/workshop (eventhough I have a regular workshop I go to). For air con issues, I usually get a second opinion from Naidu (opposite EPF building in PJ). I just got back there today and he listened to my problem for 1 minute and pin pointed the compressor switch as the problem. His charges for me is less then RM850-900 to change the compressor, drier and top up of gas (all new not recon) Going to get it done next week...:)

desbimmer;724342 said:
i have always gone 'shopping' to pin point the cause of the problem before committing to any one person/workshop (eventhough I have a regular workshop I go to). For air con issues, I usually get a second opinion from Naidu (opposite EPF building in PJ). I just got back there today and he listened to my problem for 1 minute and pin pointed the compressor switch as the problem. His charges for me is less then RM850-900 to change the compressor, drier and top up of gas (all new not recon) Going to get it done next week...:)

Wow. That was a reasonable amount for changing the compressor. Yah, like bro said, i should get 2nd opinion on this problem i had. Really appreciate it and i shall visit Naidu soon.:p

Anyone planning to go Naidu tmmrw? I will be there mid morning to repair some stuff. Gimme a shout out if you r there n we can go mamak. Look out for '72' :)

Hi guys i have this problem as well :(

Where is this Naidu workshop? Would like to drop by ...

Top Bottom