E60 525I uk spec or Japan Spec Or AB

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

slacker

Club Guest
Dear All,Im relative new to BMW world of car but my interest on it since i was small. Now that i have the budget, i going for the real thing... Bought a few megazine like motor trader and etc to have a look on the price range and last but not least ... i found this wonderful page call BMW Club...After going trough most of the treads, im still puzzle between the different of recon UK spec and Japan spec... to be more specific... which one has the most outstanding quality... or i just proceed with auto bavaria local purchase? But with the price tag of RM400 K ++, i could get an M5 recon which i saw in one of advert in motor trader and it is a UK spec... in one of the treads, i noted that Japan spec have issue with the radio and upgrading of the software are pretty much fragile but with the UK spec has no issue... Please do advice on this? Another question is, can advice me on the best BMW mechanics that i can bring along to inspect on the car...Adios.... :wink:

slacker;425207 said:
Hi Jeff,

I'm from kl... hmmmm any recommended workshop ?

Get the local one dude!! from bmw malaysia either from sapura or ingress....you wanna experience the UDM, u have to get the complete package...not only the car but the whole experience from the moment you step in the showroom all the way till your 3 yrs bsri/warranty expired.

u'll automatically become a member of BMW Whitecard with invites n priviledges to many designers boutiques or events

u'll get courtesy car should your car requires overnight stay at the workshop, 3 yrs maintenance free. In between the 3 yrs u'll get free software update (if any). New Teleservice program where ur car ODB connected to the service centre so they'll inform u when ur car required for service or if any problem with the car, the service centre will know before hand and get the parts ready (this will be up n running by august)
:top:

Dear glock_8,

sorry for the late reply coz i ws away for business trip...Thanks for the great advice and suggestion.. will take note of that but after getting a test drive from my friends M5 in australia.... im DEEPLY in love with it... seriously... from the engine sound to the handling feels... Oh My God, im speechless.... i guess im going for the recond M5 but now wether is UK or Japan spec... Any comments?

I have recon e39 and AB e90.
My advice, get local.

If brand new price is steep, consider premium selection.

In general, paying monthly for loan + averaged maintenance cost for a recon UDM, might as well go for local authorised with warranty. Lagi puas hati. The fact that you do not know the actual history of your recon car (yeah, everybody seem to claim they know... nak sedapkan hati je tu...) gives you sleepless nights. Sorry guys, brutal truth to most.

Then it's a question of either getting it from AB, Ingress or Sapura. All the complains about AB service centre is true, but after complaining they still do it, and you car still come out tip top.
My recon e39? Feels like driving a time bomb.....

For generations before E60 you can still consider UK, Japan or local by following these three simple rules:

condition, condition, condition.

For E60 onwards, it has to be at least premium selection. I just don't have much faith in this car. If you have extra money buy brand new. There's a very good offer for the 523i at the moment. Go and check it out first.

Top Bottom