E46 YEAR 2000

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

paksu

Club Guest
Hello all,First of all I am paksu from sepang and working at cyberjaya, i am newbies here just join the group tonite :) I need your expertise to guide me of buying my favorite 318i e46 year 2000, I already identified the car but no deal closed yet! just few question to ask:-i. the car that i am dealing now is 1897cc or 1.9, is there any smaller cc example 1.8?ii. the owner offer me 318i/e46/1.9/acc free/steptronic/ori silver paint/single owner at rm116k, is it okey with the price?iii. what is the common problem with e46 model?Thankyou very much and i really depend on your feedback for me to make my e46 dream come thru... Thankyou ...If anybody know other car (same typelah) for sale pls let me know but preferably they accept trade in with my Honda Accord 2.0 year 94 lah... tq

Hi Paksu,

some answers to your questions, in no particular order. I guess as long as you take pre-emptive measures to maintain your car then you should generally have a hassle free experience with the car. So ensure that you change brake fluid, engine oil, coolants, balance wheel ...etc.

As for price, might seem a bit steep. You may want to push him lower than RM105k.

paksu, your bargain 116k is ok, however, u can actually still bargain until 113 or 115k because the market price for E46 year 2000 is between 113-117k. I believe if u do not have any trade in, the dealer will give u a better price. correct me if i am wrong, price 105k is actually for year 1999.

E46 no 1.8 litre model. 1.9l for pre-facelifted and 2.0 for facelifted model. Hope it helps :lol:

thanks for all those replied me, :yes:
... now i know a bit about e46 cc range, pricing wise etc... actually the owner at first wanted to sell at 118k after few bargain he willing to reduced at 116k, i tried asking for 115k but he keep silence all the way..kedekut la dia!! i guess he's thinking of my willingness to grab 116k... should i wait for few days or just grab b4 others bid me? :unsure:

...the other car that I 'm considering now is e46 year 2001 but this car is very "cun" vip owner with 16" nice rim etc but the price is 129k after bargain they give 125k... at your exp can this price be reduced more i.e to 120k? If possible i'm willing to wait a bit lah... :lazy:

if this 2001 car compare to year 2000 one i think worth buying tis car cos just adding up about 9k we get the younger age and nice rim etc... but the only think is that... takut poket kosong... :blink:

if the condition is good for the 2001, i think 125k is a good bargain, its abit impossible to reduce to 120K from my view, if he really does give u that price, please think twice as i will suspect something is wrong with the car (eg. bad accident, major mechanical problem, etc). Unless u can wait until April, i believe u can get a better bargain during that time as dealer have more promotion as sales slow down without festive season n price will drop (my dealer friend told me this)

thanks mouse,
the only thing to know whether the car is involved in accident is that by looking at the paint rite? if ori paint meaning that the car is not involved in acc b4? if we see the new paint with the young age of car then we have to suspect somethng.. the problem is that how to know the newly paint? old paint will shine the same if do good polishing etc...!

... i see the rasional the car dealer will do promotional on april after slow down sale on festive season... have to wait again but just wondering that my car value drop! let see whether i can let it go first now for higher value but for the mean time what car to use?? ;) have to think it again... thanks

advisable to bring the car for inspection with your trusted and knowledgeble mechanic, they will be able to tell if the car have been involved in serious accident by looking at the whole body structure instead of paint (eg. body welding). Sell your car first, ride BMX for 1 month before u get your bimmer, hahahaha :D Just joking, i have the same problem like u, that is some risk u have to take i will say. Sell your car personally instead of trade in to dealer, at least u wont lose much. That is what i am planning to do

Originally posted by paksu@Feb 10 2006, 10:38 AM
the problem is that how to know the newly paint? old paint will shine the same if do good polishing etc...!

Learned this from a car dealer..

Run your fingers on the edge of the panels. Repainted panels usually feel rough on the edge while factory paint is perfectly smooth. Try it, I have been doing this and it never fails to find the repainted panel :)

thanks e46 fanatic....
i am fanatic e46 too :rolleyes:
...ehmm thanks for advice me ... by the way i am most come to conclusion to close dealing with the car that i mentioned earlier.. e46 year '00 final price 117k (116k) is owner price cos i am dealing with middle man so that i have to give him at least 1k... tak apa lah!
...so later will ask u all alot lah on how to do all this and that... cos the car look basic no skirting etc... but i dont like obvious skirtting ...enough simple skirtting... tungguuuuuu !!!

Paksu,
My advice is, before you commit to any particular car, get the seller to take the car with you for an inspection at mechanic of your choice ( preferably a BMW expert)
If there are any problems, you can then negotiate with the seller to fix these problems or to lower the purchase price accordingly.

Originally posted by scin@Feb 13 2006, 10:32 AM
Paksu,
My advice is, before you commit to any particular car, get the seller to take the car with you for an inspection at mechanic of your choice ( preferably a BMW expert)
If there are any problems, you can then negotiate with the seller to fix these problems or to lower the purchase price accordingly.
i second scin's suggestion, but u will somehow meet a few who do not allow inspection by your mechanic. I will not even think of buying in that case coz i will think something is wrong with the car. they is alot of offer in the market, so take your time as what i am also doing now :D

..... ok thanks for the good advice! u know the car that i mentioned last week .. i already agreed the price both buy and trade in price but... the agent (used car person) look like not interested close the deal...dont know y!!! hemmm hard to say lah... have to find the other lah..

Just to ask u all the expert out there pro and cons about cbu vs ckd... as far as i understood is ....

CBU
pro
-better value like extra airbag i.e 6 airbags
-strong body! rite?
cons
-AV service center no support
-75% imported car involved in accident etc...
-no service record

CKD
pro
-fully supported by AV CC
-available services record
-cheaper price! rite?

cons
-oppose pro cbu as above

All the CKD E46's come with 6 airbags last I checked. No rear passenger door airbag tho.

Brand new I think CBU is much better quality. Used, is where the suspicion comes from CBU cars as their history is questionable. Hence 2nd hand value of CBU parallel imports are lower than CKDs

Just my personal feelings:
(no offence to CKD owners)

Never ever owned a locally assembled BMW in the last 12 years of ownership. And never will.

AB sucks big time!

(plus CKD models don't have sunroofs)

paksu..if you're buying 2nd hand,i'd suggest a CKD model.easier for u to check the history and i don't think there is a discernible difference in quality.
just my 2cents..

yes agree with u e46 fanatic... brand new cbu is good compared to ckd but only thing is that cbu not supportd by AV CC... we have to send car to like "ketuk magat" shop :( . eventhough other authorised cc can do but we still wondering their ability spending/buying expensive computer tunning equipment like AV cc has one!!
i am not sure whether authorised beemer cc in klang valley has proper tuning equipmennt etc...

Top Bottom