E46 Windscreen Wiper

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

terry8

Club Guest
I have a 318i Lifestyle and I need to change the wipers. I am reading about good silicone wipers and the Bosch Aerotwin. I like to try these but can they be attached to the existing E318i assembly which seem different from other cars.Please help as I'm a novice here. ThanksTerry

I notice there's no replies. Maybe my question is not clear.

Is the E46 wipers like other cars' wipers where you can just buy an off the shelf wiper assemblies for the E46 ?

Please advice.

Thank you.

Terry

Terry, perhaps you can bring your wiper to the shop and compare attachments. That would be easiest way.

Someone in this forum must have changed their E46 wipers with something other than the original wipers. Maybe if you have can you advice ?

Thanks

Terry

i've changed my wiper blades recently to the original BMW ones and they look like the Bosch aerotwin.

I think they are the same but if you want to be safe, get the original ones. RM200 per pair.

I'm planning to change mine soon. Will update once done. Its been raining everyday in JB:burnout:

Still waiting from advice from you gurus which wipers I can change as an alternative to getting one from Auto Bavaria. How about the silicone ones and which brand ? And how to assemble them on the E46 - is it simple to do that ?

Terry

Duraedge have worked fine for me for sooooooo many years... on one of my cars , has been there for 8 years and still good. I have it on all my cars..

Hey Nazrie, if i buy the dura edge wiper - can it fit into the E46 wiper assembly?

Thanks

Sure can.. I m using it on my E46 .. just get the blades and use back the frame..CHEAP! but effective ... VERY effective..

Was in Autobacs in Spore in 10 Ubi View today and a sales guy put in a PIAA silicone blade for me into the old frame.

However, I'm not impressed with the silicone blade coz it does not wipe as clearly as a new rubber blade.

Can see very fine lines when it is wiping - no good :(

Terry

Hey Nazrie,

Where do you buy just the Dura-edge blades from ? Thanks.

Terry

I got my PIAA silicone wiper refill for my housemate's car directly from the distributor located at Old Klang Rd. They are www.tjm.com.my

Most dealers will sell you the whole wiper assembly and say they have no stock for the refills.

I suspect the dealers and workshop wants to sell the assembly because a pair will cost RM 300 whereas the refill is only RM 70 for a pair.

Also remember that the refill comes in 2 width 6mm and 8 mm. Most standard wipers are 6 mm.

:cheers:

That's one option. You can check the website bro solo gave. I got mine at the SS2 branch.

Trust mr use the PIAA silicon refill - only RM 70 for a pair and it's fantastic - this thing will last for 3-5 years !

Top Bottom